Is it legal for your boss to dictate where you poop?

Nurses General Nursing

Updated:   Published

Specializes in OB-Gyn/Primary Care/Ambulatory Leadership.

As in, there are two employee restrooms, and the boss has requested that if you're going to poop, you should use the restroom in the "dirty utility area" because of odor. And if you DO poop in the non-poop bathroom, you'll be "talked to."

Asking for a friend.

Specializes in ED.

This is hilarious! Just buy some Poo-Pourri and poop where thou will.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).

My coworkers will often inform me, "I have to go to the bathroom" and I reply, "Well, not here".

So my answer is yes, a boss can dictate where you poop because a peer can dictate where you can't poop.

Specializes in Neuro ICU and Med Surg.

Is this for real?

Lots of nurses who do home care state that they will not poop in the patient's home. It can be an uncomfortable event.

klone said:
And if you DO poop in the non-poop bathroom, you'll be "talked to."

Asking for a friend.

Will your friend be caught with their pants down?

Specializes in orthopedic/trauma, Informatics, diabetes.

They make things like neutralizing sprays!! We have one bathroom in the hallway. I don't think that is the best place for pooping but people do and the hallway reeks. Of course when you have an incontinent c. diff patient, the whole floor smells anyway.

Specializes in SICU, trauma, neuro.
Party_of_five said:
This is hilarious! Just buy some Poo-Pourri and poop where thou will.

Right -- your boss will think you poop lemon meringue pies, like in the ad! Maybe a copy of "Everybody Poops" as a gift too?? :laugh:

In all seriousness, I don't know about the legality, but really??? The boss is comfortable having this conversation? If anything makes it past the Poo-Pourri, get some bio-odor eliminating spray like we use for patients' poo... which also wafts into the hallway...

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

I used to work with a CNA who literally would clock out and go HOME (2 blocks away) to poop.

meanmaryjean said:
I used to work with a CNA who literally would clock out and go HOME (2 blocks away) to poop.

People have strange poop habits.

Thirty years ago, I worked with a Nurse who would not poop in her own home. She would drive to a gas station. A gas station!

This nurse wore a wig and had had a boob job done. She reminded me of Dolly Parton.

She was different.

meanmaryjean said:

:blink:

meanmaryjean said:

185138856_cnapoop.jpg.895bf34a83ba58a90b5ff42fb25908ad.jpg

+ Add a Comment