There's this little thing floating around the social networking sites related to people's careers, where they post a picture showing what their friends, society, themselves, (and whoever else) think they do, and what they really do. I made one for myself, but no one on my facebook could really relate. So I'm sharing it with people who would get it!
Background on my choices:
1) My girlfriends would love to think I have hot Grey's Anatomy romances on the regular. I think that's the stereotype for all nurses in general!
2) Inspired by all the nurses from the floor on which I worked that gave me trouble about not "doing anything" and "losing my skills" when I told them I was leaving for the OR.
3) In response to hearing what I do, laypeople are usually like, "Whoa!! So you, like, see blood?! You see people get, like, cut open?!" and are pretty amazed and horrified at the same time.
4) The next one is self-explanatory. Hellooooo nurse!
5) I'd like to think that I make an impact on the kids I take care of, but by the time they get to me, their so drunk off their little butts from the Versed, they don't remember a thing. 🙂
6) I like this picture, but I want to point out at the surgeon appears to be mask ventilating the patient? And the mayo looks like it's above the head. What the what? Haha.