Sigh...

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School Nurse, past Med Surge.

Back from spring break. :sleep: It was so hard getting up this morning. No more days off (other than weekends) until the end of the school year. It's going to be a long 7 weeks.

Re-entry is the WORST! Our Spring Break is next Monday-Friday (Massachusetts). I am trying to gather the strength the make it through this week. Last week was a doozy with a bunch of strep and flu. Hope this week is ok for you!

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.

I'm right there with you! First day back and before 8:15 I had seen 4-5 kids. School starts at 8 for these kiddos! It's the "I don't want to be back" epidemic.

We have another day off in May so I'm working for that one and we have 32 days until Sumer break!!!!!

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

I call this time of year the "doldrums" of school nursing.

Specializes in school nursing/ maternal/child hospital based.

I remember having some back to school symptoms the night before I had to go back to school as a child. This is the first year, as a school nurse, I had the same feelings before bed last night. I was sweating sitting in the parking lot before I came in this morning. This year has been a doozy!!!!!! I think we all feel your "pain" Hang in there!

Specializes in pediatrics, School LVN.

I'm back from break today too. Last night I was trying to encourage my daughters, who didn't want to go back to school, and I thought to myself "I feel the same way". We have one 3 day weekend for Memorial Day our last day is June 15, 10 weeks left.

Specializes in NCSN.
I call this time of year the "doldrums" of school nursing.

What a perfect word for it!

We are approaching state testing at the end of the month so all of my teachers are getting burnt from the extra PD they need to do (I guess a lot has changed this year). And because of that, I'm having more traffic in my office.

Specializes in School Nursing, Pediatrics.
Re-entry is the WORST! Our Spring Break is next Monday-Friday (Massachusetts). I am trying to gather the strength the make it through this week. Last week was a doozy with a bunch of strep and flu. Hope this week is ok for you!

DITTO this! Next week is vacation, then 43 more days when we come back! I can't wait!

54 days left. but who's counting?

Specializes in Pediatrics, school nursing.

37 days here, and state testing starts tomorrow. It seems like I've had an endless parade of dizzy students through here today; ugh!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

We had spring break in March, and I just came back from three days off watching my daughter's team compete. So yes....the doldrums...and the knowledge that there are no more vacation days or holidays, but 32 days left with the little darlings.

Specializes in kids.

Our break doesn't start till the 21st @ 2:14...but who is counting!!

+ Add a Comment