Why your avatar?

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School Nursing.

Yesterday evening I decided that I would finally have an avatar. Took me 20 minutes to decide what I wanted. Obviously something not super identifiable like my pet, but a nod at loving what I do.

TOOTH WITH GLASSES.

Literally what I googled last night. Elementary school teeth visits make me happy, and I have some hefty framed glasses. (Not because my prescription is hefty... I was a hipster in college and thought my chunky frames were cool and alternative, but also expensive, so I'm getting my money's worth of wearing them ahaha)

I tried to upload a picture of my cat to use as mine but I couldn't figure out how to get it to the right size.

I like the happy, myopic tooth :)

Specializes in School Nurse, past Med Surge.

Mine is too tiny to read, but it "speaks" the God's honest truth. It says, "Before you marry him listen to him chew. If you can stand to listen to that the rest of your life go ahead with the wedding. Trust me on this."

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

My Avatar is in honor of "Hammy" , a second grades class pet who went on a epic journey rivaling "finding nemo", escaping his cage only to end up weeks later in a little ones gym shoe. Find the thread "The hamster is loose", if you'd like the whole story!

My Avatar is in honor of "Hammy" , a second grades class pet who went on a epic journey rivaling "finding nemo", escaping his cage only to end up weeks later in a little ones gym shoe. Find the thread "The hamster is loose", if you'd like the whole story!

I was just thinking of Hammy earlier this week! One of our hamsters at home chewed on her cage enough that she rattled her door open and escaped. My cat is generally a worthless predator but I was so worried that he would find the hamster. We put food in each room to and closed the doors to check and see if any of the food disappeared... none did. Then at bedtime my daughter went in her room and her fat little hamster had climbed back in the cage to find food :laugh:

https://allnurses.com/school-nurses/the-hamster-is-1042946.html

One of the best threads since I've been here.

Mine?

Mine is my bitmoji.

About a year ago a student took my bitmoji as her AV. I was furious. I had many AN members PM me and tell me about this IMPOSTER.

I went to the mods and after some stuff and nonsense about copyrighting my bitmoji, they told the student to change it.

The whole exchange left me a bit "off" AN for awhile.

Not too long, though, 'cause I missed you all, soooo much!

I tried to upload a picture of my cat to use as mine but I couldn't figure out how to get it to the right size.

I like the happy, myopic tooth :)

You must get your cat. Then he can break AN, too.

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.
"Before you marry him listen to him chew. If you can stand to listen to that the rest of your life go ahead with the wedding. Trust me on this."

That may be true, but I have misophonia, I can't stand to listen to anyone chew! I can't eat or drink with headphones in either.

Specializes in kids.

I spend a ridiculous amont of time doing education about head trauma and concussions

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

HAMMY! And Hammy junior. I read the whole thing in silent, jiggling laughter.

Yellow rose. For Texas.

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..

Mine is of my favorite Bible verse "A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

Last year for nurses week a kiddo drew the cutest picture of me that I wanted to use, but couldn't figure it out.

Specializes in School Nurse.

Well mine is an American Traditional tattoo image. I do not have a tattoo, but I love to watch Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares. The artistry and how they can put those images on skin fascinate me.

+ Add a Comment