The faces behind the scene at allnurses.com!Register Today!
I am sure a lot of you would be surprised to know that the staff at allnurses.com all work full time busy jobs as well as moderate the website. We volunteer our services. In return, we meet wonderful people, learn, and grow from each others knowledge. It is great to be recognized as being part of the greatest networking nursing site in the world.by madwife2002 Asst. Admin Feb 4
The faces behind the scene - do you ever wonder what the staff are like who moderate allnurses? Did you know we have at least a 100 plus years of nursing experience to bring to the table and that we all work full time in our nursing jobs! All of us are extremely proud to work for allnurses.com, and often spend hours of our spare time moderating to keep this site up and running. There is a whole other world behind the scenes where we can discuss and make decisions on who, what, where and how.
Moderating is a serious business, but the moderators are committed and fun loving. You will be surprised at what we are like. I have the privilege of meeting in real life many of the mods here on allnurses.com. We exhibit at the NTI conference each year where many of us meet.
If you want to meet some of us you can come to our booth at the NTI conference in Boston, May 20-23 this year. We travel from all four corners of the US and Canada to work and meet you all.
So who are we? I haven’t met all the mods so I’ll be relying on other staff members to jump in and introduce their co-workers!
Brian ‘the boss man’ he is the genius behind allnurses.com, he has more imagination and ideas that I have encountered before! He is constantly coming up with fun and innovated stuff. Brian is one of the most generous people I know, he really cares and is the reason we all love our nurses website. He is a funny man, and his dry sense of humor has us all in stitches.
Joe, he is the IT specialist who is kept busy with keeping this website up and running. When things go wrong he is our ‘go to person’ and he works tirelessly to sort out the issues and problems. Gotta love him, as sometimes I am clueless and even after he explains I may say I understand until the next time! A family man with a lovely wife and family.
NRSKarenRN, has been around with Brian since the beginning of allnurses.com she has worked tirelessly alongside Brian for many years and has seen allnurses.com raise from an acorn into a tree. Karen is funny, supportive and has to keep some of us in line when we get out of control. Karen has oodles of nursing experience and I love listening to her stories about her real life working environment. Karen is the ‘oracle’
TraumaRUs, has us all organized and is a fellow renal person so we spend hours boring the other guys to death discussing changes within our specialty. Trauma is a star amongst our staff, especially at the conferences as she has top notch organization skills and is wonderful at networking. Again Trauma has been around since the millennium on allnurses.com so has seen lots of changes along the way. Another considerate, kind person, whom I am fortunate to know.
Silverdragon102, who is a fellow countryman for me. A wealth of all knowledge who is always happy to share. We met for the first time at the NTI conference in Chicago in 2011 although became friends through allnurses.com via the UK forum back in 2005. When I first immigrated to the US, Silverdragon would send me food parcels which I really appreciated. A kind and caring person with lots of years of nursing experience to bring to the forums
TNbutterfly, is a darling person who is such a sweet, kind and friendly, she reminds me of a southern belle and I could see her waltzing around in a crinoline in some large mansion. I am sure she will hit me with her fan when she reads this, lol. Again a valuable member of the management team, lots of years of experience and is willing to share it all with the members of allnurses.com and the rest of the team. Very calm, considerate and supportive to me always.
SirI, did I save the best for last? We have been friends for years, a wonderful supportive person who will go above and beyond the call of duty for anybody! Siri supported me through some of the most traumatic times of my life. Years of nursing experience which she is happy to share. Fun loving and ‘naughty’ at times, great at making me laugh and behave badly. Karen has to keep us in line often! A font of all knowledge! Also known for her pranks and my right eye has never recovered from Chicago!
Janfrn, wow where do I begin? Jan is delightful, intelligent and caring. Jan is often presenting at the NTI conference, she has such marvelous insight to her specialty. Several of the staff from allnurses.com have attended her lecture and enjoyed listening to her speak. In Chicago we even dressed up for her, something I am sure she will never forget or forgive me for! Again, many years of experience to bring to the table. Softly spoken, thoughtful and kind.
LunaRN, is a tiny diminutive woman with a huge personality! She is cute and funny. Proud to have met her in Washington NTI although she did make me feel like I was amazon woman! Luna is keeping our country safe, and she is a great moderator.
Madwife2002, me! Well I think I should leave it to somebody else to describe me-please be kind!
Many other mods I have not met yet! But I will make it my mission to meet up with them one day!
Other mods please feel free to hijack the thread and add your own thoughts and comments about each of us-so the members can get to know us better.
Remember Guys and Gals you can meet up with some of the mods at the next NTI conference in Boston!
Unfortunately you won’t meet me this year, but Brian and a bunch of others will be there and there will be fantastic prizes for you to win! I don’t know what ‘goodies’ are planned for May but be sure to stop by our booth and find out!Last edit by Joe V on Feb 4
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813262©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
APA Style Citation
madwife2002. (Feb 4). The faces behind the scene at allnurses.com!. Retrieved Friday, May 24, 2013, from http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813262
- Feb 4 by CheesePotatoYour time, dedication, wit, experience, guidance and humor is invaluable, very recognized and personally appreciated.
You have all been very welcoming, kind and supportive even to someone as warped as myself. I am grateful to be part of this community. I am even more grateful this community exists.
~~CP~~Last edit by CheesePotato on Feb 4 : Reason: Posting from a Mac that sorely needs a bath in Holy Water.
- Feb 4 by JuryizoutI like you all, but still miss Daytonite. Thankfully her words are still on AN for others to learn from. May she rest in peace.
- Feb 4 by wish_me_luckThanks for the introductions!!! I love being able to know about who I am talking to and everything.
Come to Virginia, would love to have you come to an event here!
- Feb 4 by janfrnI sure as heck don't recognize that "janfrn" so highly praised above! But lemme tell you a little about madwife2002... She is delightfully witty in that way only Brits can be. She's generous to a fault. Her sense of humour can be a lttle over the top at times, especially in certain company. Until she tipped her hand I wasn't aware that the clown wigs were her idea. I was blaming Siri. When those two get together it's pandelerium! (And I have the photos...) One thing madwife might not reveal is just how cheerful and togehter she is no matter what is going on in her world. She's a rock star. We'll really miss her at NTI this year.
- Feb 4 by AngelfireRNMuch as I would love to meet all of y'all, y'all would probably be just as thrilled with the opportunity to throw rocks at me! Thinking OH is as far north as is in the cards for me this year, but if y'all ever come South, let me know, and I'll air out our guest room!
- Feb 4 by VivaLasViejasI've worked with many of these folks over the years, both when I was a mod and now as a Guide, and while we've never met personally (YET) I like and respect every one of them. They're a voice on the phone, a help in times of trouble, even a boot in the posterior when I need it.
- Feb 4 by tokmomYou come to Seattle and I'm all yours! This forum is priceless. As a former moderator at another large website, I appreciate all the free work you put into this place.
- Feb 4 by Esme12I plan on being at NTI as it is on my turf of Boston. I am another ancient nurse but new to the mod staff. I graduated nursing school when I was 18 years old and I can't dream of anything else I'd rather be when I grow up. I have been a member here since 2005 and I have loved every minute of it. My specialty is critical care and emergency medicine. I have worked the inner city DMZ zones and the outback of rural Indiana which remains my heart and home. I LOVE to teach and I am the middle child peace keeper......but I will always call them as I see them. I am honest and kind and always ready with a hug or a smile. Allnurses has given me so much more than I can ever give it. It has given me a family and friendships I cherish.
I can't wait to meet everyone in Boston!
- Feb 4 by Ginger's Momthanks for sharing, enjoyed reading this.