April Fools Jokes

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in Hospice.

Last year my naughty husband made orange Kool-aid using the powder from a mac and cheese box. I thought it might be fun to read about other April Fools gags. So, what was your best gag?

1 Votes
Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

Stuffing newspaper in the toes of every pair of shoes in the house.

Making pancakes and coiling a length of sewing thread into the wet side before flipping over.

1 Votes
Specializes in Hospice.
meanmaryjean said:
Stuffing newspaper in the toes of every pair of shoes in the house.

Making pancakes and coiling a length of sewing thread into the wet side before flipping over.

I just made pancakes for supper, I wish I had posted this thread earlier. LOL

1 Votes
Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.
cardiacfreak said:
I just made pancakes for supper, I wish I had posted this thread earlier. LOL

My dad fell for it EVERY YEAR.

1 Votes

I prank my kids every year and I always get em. Last year I texted them both: "I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. What do you think would look good on the side of my neck?" I thoughtfully included some squiggles I had drawn on a napkin for them to choose from. It took a while to get a reply because they were consulting with each other. "Did you hear that Mom is getting a tattoo?" "Whose Mom?" "Our Mom." Finally child no. 2 texted: "Don't do it Mom. You'll regret it for the rest of your life." Then no. 1, who thinks he has some responsibility for his mom in her old age said "Mom you are too old for a tattoo. Do I have to start being the parent now?"

1 Votes
Specializes in NICU.

I've always wanted to page the lift team to the NICU and ask them to help me move a >5kg kiddo.

1 Votes
Specializes in Med/Surge, Psych, LTC, Home Health.

I don't do little jokes, pranks, etc; I'm just a boring person. I dunno.

Just never enjoyed that kind of thing.

I will tell about a funny prank that a coworker played on me once.

In my younger years.. and still sometimes to this day... I would get

calls from collection agencies. So one day at work, my friend gave

me a slip of paper that said "Please call Mr Lyon", and a phone

number.

I called the number... it was the Louisville Zoo.

Mr Lyon.

1 Votes
Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

Switch the contents of several cereal boxes. For example, Captain Crunch goes in the Corn Flakes box. :whistling:

1 Votes
Specializes in Palliative, Onc, Med-Surg, Home Hospice.

Graduating from nursing school on April Fools day. We were convinced they were going to give us our pins then say "April Fools".

Okay, that wasn't a gag. This one about gave my mother a heart attack: My nephew and his then fiancé announced that they were going to have a baby. Good Catholic family. We were out on the boat and she about threw my nephew overboard she was so mad. April Fools

We have a family "heirloom", a snowman, that we pass on to each other. My brother in law HATES getting the snow man so we have to figure out tricky ways to get it to him. So, last year we put the snowman in a bakery box (local place, they have the most amazing peanut butter chocolate cake) with some stones so it weighed about the same as the cake. He was SO excited because they wrote the type of cake on the top of the box. He tears into the box and "April Fools". He did get his cake though. It was in the box marked "Coconut Cake"

Other than that, I am boring.

1 Votes
Specializes in 15 years in ICU, 22 years in PACU.

We have a guy at work that puts a $20 bill on fishing line, places it in a conspicuous area, then lies in wait to put the line when you try to pick up the $20. Got taken twice cuz I thought a little gust of wind or something blew it away the first time I bent over.

1 Votes
Specializes in Medical-Surgical/Float Pool/Stepdown.

Easy and simple but can be very entertaining...

Just put some tape on the underside of computer mouses over their sensor lights ;-)

On a side note, I made myself curious about whether or not the plural to a computer mouse was computer mice and found this link...

Computer mouses or computer mice?

1 Votes
Specializes in LTC, Rehab.
NurseCard said:

I will tell about a funny prank that a coworker played on me once.

In my younger years.. and still sometimes to this day... I would get

calls from collection agencies. So one day at work, my friend gave

me a slip of paper that said "Please call Mr Lyon", and a phone

number.

I called the number... it was the Louisville Zoo.

Mr Lyon.

A long time ago a co-worker put a note on another co-worker's desk telling them a Mr. L. C. DeCow had called. It was for a diary called Borden's, whose 'logo' cow was called Elsie.

I wouldn't call it an April Fool's prank exactly, but I once told a CNA, after she'd gotten vitals on several people, that she'd need to go to the hospital to get the vitals of a couple of residents we'd sent out a couple of days before. Just for a second, she believed me...

1 Votes
+ Add a Comment