Why your avatar?

Specialties School

Published

Yesterday evening I decided that I would finally have an avatar. Took me 20 minutes to decide what I wanted. Obviously something not super identifiable like my pet, but a nod at loving what I do.

TOOTH WITH GLASSES.

Literally what I googled last night. Elementary school teeth visits make me happy, and I have some hefty framed glasses. (Not because my prescription is hefty... I was a hipster in college and thought my chunky frames were cool and alternative, but also expensive, so I'm getting my money's worth of wearing them ahaha)

It was the only black male available on AN.

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..
My avatar is the UofL cardinals logo. If I went to something much

different, I'd probably have to change my user name. Which I've

thought about doing, because I'm not as passionate of a fan as I

used to be, especially after this past year's Adidas scandal, and

subsequent firing of Rick Pitino. I'm weary after all of the scandal

surrounding the basketball program.

I've had this user name for ages though...

As a fellow Kentuckian and an avid UK fan, I say: switch teams, keep the username ;) You could always play it okay like "I'm playing the nurse card" type thing.

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..
It was the only black male available on AN.

Wait, are you male? How did I miss this?!

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.
Wait, are you male? How did I miss this?!

I can't wait for Kooky's response to this one!!:roflmao:

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

dang -you guys were having waaay too much fun while i had stepped out for a few days. Anyhoo -i think most of you know that I sport Alex from clockwork orange as my avatar after a parent questioned my vision screenings for their little darling. Since i am quite sure this picture shows that this is the best way to do it as opposed to the good old Snellen chart that i use, Alex adorns my Profile.

dang -you guys were having waaay too much fun while i had stepped out for a few days. Anyhoo -i think most of you know that I sport Alex from clockwork orange as my avatar after a parent questioned my vision screenings for their little darling. Since i am quite sure this picture shows that this is the best way to do it as opposed to the good old Snellen chart that i use, Alex adorns my Profile.

Great movie, better book. Love it.

Not really sure...

I had an artistically gifted friend of mine create an avatar for me to use in the Interwebs. He got a little bit richer financially and now I am the proud owner of my own personalized avatar. It is pretty much of combination of my two passions, gaming and nursing.

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.

Eyore comes from a gentler simpler time, like me!! :happy:

Specializes in pediatrics, School LVN.

It's a cat nurse from Doctor Who, as I'm a huge Doctor Who fan.

Mine is a labor labyrinth. It's something that symbolizes the complicated paths we take to get to the core of who we are and of what's really important in life. It's also a tool used by doulas in labor. I have one made of clay that is used to run a finger through the maze during contractions as a means to focus on something else other than pain. My passion is birth and I hope to be a labor and delivery nurse and eventually a midwife one day (36 years old and only beginning my journey now as I am going through prerequisites for nursing school).

Mine is my actual cat dressed in a Cincinnati Reds jacket. Which combines 2 of my favorite things. This cat LOVED wearing it and would carry it around with him if we took it off of him. Weirdo cat for sure!

+ Add a Comment