Do you know what I miss?Register Today!
- by Cathylady Feb 22I miss all the threads of pre-nursing students waiting to hear if they've been accepted into their nursing program of choice. I miss the play-by-play accounts of folks that have nail-biting anxiousness, the stalking of the letter carriers and or the multiple email checks throughout the day. Where are the posts about upcoming interviews and the wait-listed angst. Where are they?
Where are the posts you know the one that I'm talking about, the mother-load of all posts...the post that declares that they've made it! We readers get to experience with the applicant the joy of opening that letter that begins with, Congratulations you have been accepted.... .
We're practically jumping up and down with them as they see the rewards of their hard work and diligence.
Where have the powers that be hidden all of those posts?
I was and am an allnurses' junkie in the spring just to follow those posts inwardly celebrating with those that announced their acceptances or mourn with those that were rejected. I was encouraged by the deliberate resolve of pre-nursing students to try again and to never give up.
allNurses is more than just a place to post questions about anatomy, physiology or inquiring about drug dosages and NCLEX questions; allnurses is a forum for life's lessons of struggles and successes.
Where have they all gone.....?Last edit by Joe V on Feb 25
- Feb 23 by Devon RexHello!
I just finished my ADN on February 14th and now I'm waiting on my ATT (authorization to test) for the NCLEX-RN... my heart can't take the waiting !!!
My legs shake from anxiety as I try to spend time on my computer advising other students.
- Feb 23 by Esme12They are here.....they are in the individual states. Each state has a section for that states nursing schools where everyone meets in the school they are applying for.....get accepted and talk about orientation and starting school, books, uniforms, supplies and study groups.
- Feb 23 by CathyladyYea that's what I figured but I liked it when they were under Pre-Nursing randomly placed so all could see without searching through each state.
- Feb 23 by gummi bearOh they're here. I know because I usually avoid them to take my mind off of my own pending application status. *sigh*. And I'm applying for a scholarship too. Its soooo freakin nerve wrecking. Few more weeks left, but for now...on to this upcoming lab practical.
- Feb 23 by ChasngmydreamI'm one of those nervous, nail-biting, ball-of-stress people who is waiting to find out if I got in. I, too, enjoy reading the posts of others who are in the same situation.
I've been taking my pre-reqs since 2009 (have to work full-time & it was difficult to get into impacted classes), so I was sooo happy to finally be able to apply! So far I only applied to 2 ADN programs (one is a lottery; the other a waiting list). The lottery list won't be out until early March, and I won't hear about the waiting list until sometime in April. But even knowing this, I run for the mail & check online for the lottery results everyday, lol.
I'm hoping that at my 40th bday party in April, I'll also be celebrating getting to nursing school :-)