A Celebration for GompersRegister Today!
- by Jolie Nov 24, '06To my fellow NICU forum posters,
As the countdown indicates, Gompers is getting quite close to motherhood!
Since we are scattered far and wide, and unable to come together to celebrate, I thought it would be fun to throw her a "cyber-shower".
Let's post our good thoughts, wishes, helpful hints, and gift ideas for her,, hubby, and the wee one. (Labor stories are strictly forbidden!)
My best wishes for an uneventful last few weeks of pregnancy, a comfortable labor with her loved ones at her side, a beautiful, healthy bundle of joy, and a good night's sleep before she goes home.
My gifts to the new family would include: 1. A Snuggli (I don't know how I lived without one with my first baby. My second LIVED in it, and was soooo happy and content!) 2. A CD player for the baby's room and a copy of Kenny Loggins "House on Pooh Corner", which contains beautiful lullaby music.
- 3,506 Views
- Nov 24, '06 by TweetyBest wishes Gompers!!!
- Nov 24, '06 by smk1I saw this thread and was so excited! I though Gompers must have had the baby! Anway congrats in advance and I know you will have a sweet, gorgeous baby to pamper. My gifts would include blanket sleepers sacks(the kind with no feet), Lots of pampers premium baby wipes (don't get cheap wipes! So not worth it!), and at least 10-20 books to read to the baby.
- Nov 24, '06 by Spidey's momMy wish is for a safe and "doable" labor and that her doc will listen to her concerns with compassion and good judgment. (oh, and take your own sanitary pads and underwear - the hospital ones are useless!).
Presents? A Snugli, absolutely! One of those pillows to prop your arms up during breastfeeding. A jogging stroller (you don't have to jog but they are better than regular strollers for taking walks). Lots and lots of "Onsies", those cute and simple baby outfits. A warmer for the baby wipes. A comfortable rocking chair.
- Nov 24, '06 by rehab nurseGompers, you've been a real help to me in the past. You prob don't remember, but you've given me some very helpful advice on my issues.
So, in that light, I'll try to give you my best advice that I have (mom to mom!!)
---swings are your best friend!! esp the ones that can tilt back a bit!!
---avent bottles are awesome for colic/gas etc if you plan to use bottles at all for breastmilk or formula
---boppy pillows really do help for breastfeeding, if you plan on that at all
(i personally had to pump, but supplemented with goodstart in between because of my lupus meds i didnt make enough milk)
---gripewater is great for colic too
---try to sleep when baby sleeps!
---don't worry about housework for a while. it'll still be there no matter what!
---those little fleece blanket sleepers are wonderful when you're changing diapers a lot and it keeps baby nice and warm
---if people offer to help, take them up on it!
---i don't know if you've given birth yet, but if possible, when you do make a meal, try to double the recipe, and freeze the leftovers. i didn't figure this out till baby number 2 but it was nice to have homecooked meals when i was too tired to cook.
gosh there's so much i remember about having my first baby, and it was so exciting and scary all at the same time. enjoy your little one and take time just for you too. happy mom=happy baby!! i wish you a easy (right!) labor and a safe and healthy delivery. i had great nurses with all my babies and they are a Godsend, i tell you. three years of L&D was enough for me!!!
congratulations and good luck with everything!!!Last edit by rehab nurse on Nov 24, '06 : Reason: added more
- Nov 24, '06 by dawnglovesI wish you a safe, quick delivery with minimal interventions. I hope your baby is quick to latch. I hope your nipples don't crack and bleed! May your baby only wake every three hours to feed and them easily fall asleep.
I am sending you cyber cassaroles! I wish I could send you some IRL!
- Nov 24, '06 by EricJRNHang in there, Gompers! We're very excited for you and we're anticipating the newest addition to the Allnurses family.
- Nov 24, '06 by truernMy gift: a beautiful and healthy baby!!
Sweet snuggly baby smells....tender little baby sighs....lots of soft kisses on even softer baby hair.
And a hope that he/she sleeps thru the night asap
- Nov 24, '06 by Make.it.workRNMy wish is for a safe and relatively easy labor. Enjoy your sleep now!
My gifts would include...
-a Gymboree one piece outfit and blanket, those Gymboree blankets are worth every penny.
-A journal and pen to keep on hand next to your nursing nest to record your thoughts as you have them. There were so many times I would have a sweet thought in the middle of the night during a feeding and wish I had something to write it on, I always said I would write it down in the morning but I usually forgot.
-Some Dr. Boudreax Butt Paste, this stuff works wonders
- Nov 24, '06 by adrienurseOh Gompers, whose sage advice I so enjoy and savour.
May your child have the sweetest smelling head or all the sweet baby heads.:chuckle Wow that sounds like some kind of incantation