Music in your office?

Specialties School

Published

I always have my laptop open to a You Tube channel of some sort. This morning I was listening to the Hamilton Soundtrack, now I am listening to the Best of John Williams. I feel like the kids enjoy the music. Last Friday I had a pretty anxious kiddo in my office and I put on relaxing "spa music" and he fell asleep :)

I think some of our nurses work at private christian schools?

I try to keep my health rooms (at school and at camp) inviting enough that kids aren't afraid to stop by (We aren't just flu shots and thermometers soaking in weird tasting liquid) and friendly enough that there is a stuffie for a truly sick kid who is crying while waiting for mom, a fidgety toy for a child with a stomachache caused by anxiety, and a silly toy that will distract a child in a good way..... but not SO inviting or fun-filled that kids want to visit every day and stay forever!

Not to get political I did not know Christian music is allowed in the school system. It is refreshing and nuff said about it. It is for your listening, not the kiddos.

I think the separation of church and state would be more about asking the kids to participate in a religious ceremony- praying or preaching to kids. Someone who works at a school can wear a cross necklace or a star of David but they cannot lead a prayer session.

Specializes in med/surg, clinic, school.

Pandora Classic Rock Radio/Hair Bands everyday...can't do without it!

Specializes in med-surg, psych, ER, school nurse-CRNP.

We play music on speakers in my clinic. 80s, 90s, and current. Uncle Kracker is playing right now. My MA and I usually sing along. The patients love it.

If I had Sirius in here, it'd be Lithium or PopRocks. Probably Lithium.

Specializes in Pediatric.

Pandora all day long!!! Currently I am listening to Josh Groban Radio!!!

Spa music on you tube.

It's accompanied by pretty pictures and the kids like it.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I'll go more in detail. I do the hits station, but sometimes I got to my playlist and play metal, rap, pop 90s music, K pop, J pop, rock music.

Lately I been playing relaxing Final Fantasy game music and the kids love it!

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.
I have nothing but the songs in my head.

Currently whistling "Music of the Night," though...

I love that song!

Specializes in as above.

so?? you should have no music nor your phone on! Your being paid to WORK. Not everyone enjoys YOUR music!

ohhhhhhh - thanks for that ear worm for about the next 3 hours :-)!

referring to Baby Shark!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.
ohhhhhhh - thanks for that ear worm for about the next 3 hours :-)!

referring to Baby Shark!

GAAA. Don't say it. Now I'm singing it in my head. It's the Song That Must Not Be Named.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.
GAAA. Don't say it. Now I'm singing it in my head. It's the Song That Must Not Be Named.

But I like Baby Shark. It's cute. xD

+ Add a Comment