Seriously?!?!

Specialties School

Published

Hi all! Long time lurker but I love the feel of this community and how supportive all of yall are towards each other. I had a gem today...we have a kiddo that plays with his feces. Admin asked me how soon I can have the hazmat suits ready with training for the staff. They were dead serious...

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.
I feel like more and more of my visits are related to inappropriate bathroom behavior.

I feel like a party pooper

HAHHAHAH!!!

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.

Let the games begin....!

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.

Scarey biscuits.

The whole thing just really stinks! :smokin:

Welcome!

I love poop stories. Somebody please start a new thread called Poop Stories. I'm sure everyone here has many poo experiences.

Specializes in Geriatrics, Dialysis.

I am really trying to picture the entire faculty and staff working in Hazmat suits and getting a severe case of the giggles. I love disaster movies and a child's turd ranks right up there with the most terrifying of monsters! Seriously though, depending on developmental age of the finger painting child this might be no big deal or it might be cause for some concern.

Specializes in ortho, hospice volunteer, psych,.

I'm having a severe case of the giggles too! My poor mother tried sooo hard to raise a lady!

Specializes in ambulant care.

Quoth the raven: "Nevermore!"

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

first of all, OP -BEST NAME EVER! Now you need an avatar pic to go with it - Ralph wiggum or chalmers!!

I don't know that it's in your realm to have to train staff on how to stop with behavior. And wouldn't hazmat suits be a custodial issue? I mean if it were me, i'd tell him that i'm more than happy to order them but please don't take them out of my budget. Any training for this should come from a behaviorist. If your district does not have one, they should consider contracting to one to work up a behavioral modification plan. BUT - consider that if this plan is not being followed through at home and the child is permitted to, ahem, fingerpaint in other aspects if his life, then it may not be successful. You may be better off putting him in clothing that restrict access like overalls with a shirt over or even coveralls on the child.

Specializes in Adult Internal Medicine.

Can also use those suits during lice outbreaks!

Specializes in NCSN.
Can also use those suits during lice outbreaks!

Protecting from poop, lice and pink eye! Every district needs them!

+ Add a Comment