Worst part of being a school nurse
- 5Mar 6 by fetchFiling a CPS report.
Something is going horribly wrong in a child's life, and all I can do is send a report and hope someone else is able to help. I can't put a bandaid on this.
- 1,943 Visits
- 3Mar 6 by fetchGuess I just wanted to share, it's such a hopeless feeling, even though technically I'm doing something it always feels like it's not enough.
Quote from NutmeggeRNYes, it really really does. Thanks.Sorry you are having a bad day....thank you for reporting what needed to be reported. Sucks some days, doesn't it?
Quote from SchoolRNAmyThanks. Just wish there was more I could do.So sorry fetch. You are starting what needs to be done to help the child.
- 2Mar 6 by raidermomI understand how you feel, had to do that very thing Monday. Just goes to show us that we never know what our kids go home to. I have been so upset this week with all that I was told. There are days that really get to me and this whole week has been that way. Just remember that you are doing what you can to protect the kids.
- 5Mar 6 by RNCourtI agree, it is very difficult. The worst feeling is when the bell rings at the end of the day and you see them getting on the bus knowing they are going back home when they probably would much rather stay at school. You did such an important thing. Whether it feels like it or not, you have made such an impact on that child's life with just a phone call.
- 4Mar 6 by Spidey's mom GuideThis happened to me recently. The kids are in a local foster home now. I'm glad I made the report. It wasn't hard. It was the right thing to do.
The hard part was the red tape as Flare mentioned. That's a bit crazy-making.
But the kids are safe now. That is good.