Tired of Pre-req classes!Register Today!
- by Kdrenee Mar 1Hello all,
I am sitting at work, doing some reading for my online speech class, and I just can't get motivated to finish the chapter. For 1; It is speech class, and its online. SPEECH as in COMMUNICATION. ONLINE? WHAT? I mean, it is convenient, but come on, I am not learning a thing.
AND then theres english 2. My favorite subject throughout my life has always been english. I'm just good at it, and everyone likes what they are good at. I am making an A, but barely because I am just TIRED of it. There is only SO much english I can learn. My college level english 2 class is comparable to a middle school class!
Last on the list is philosophy. I can actually say I am enjoying this class, but only because the readings are interesting. All of my classes are online this semester, and It is very convenient, but I am missing the social, and argumentative aspect of learning.
I am sort of glad that my classes have been easy because its been a break from the normal stress in my life, but easy classes also worry me. I do not want to be rusty for my nursing classes next semseter! I feel like I will do well because it will finally be something new and refreshing, and challenging, but what if I am wrong? What if my disinterest in my other classes, and my annoyed attitude hinder my performance in my classes that count the most? Is anyone else feeling this way? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
I was thinking of taking a semseter off and starting the nursing program in the fall instead of summer? QAny opinions?
Thanks in advance!
- Mar 1 by runsalotI took the summer of before I started NS. I was glad I did. I was glad I did. Best summer of my life.
- Mar 1 by britthohenbrinkI think its normal to get tired of pre-reqs, but I dont think it will hinder you once you are in the nursing program because you will finally be studying what you are passionant about. Also.... I would probably take the summer off to give your brain a little break before it has to be on overdrive in NS. Good luck!
- Mar 1 by KdreneeThank you guys for your replies!! I think I will take the summer off to let my brain rest! I can't wait to start NS!
- Mar 1 by donkI did a year of prep and took the summer off before starting my BScN and was soooo glad I did!! Your brain needs the break and it was a great opportunity for me to spend time with my family and start preparing them for all the changes in the fall! Good luck with the rest of your pre reqs!!
- Mar 1 by o0fefe0oI swear you just took the words right out of my mouth. These prereqs have really been boring me to death. Glad I'm not alone & I can't wait to start NS soon too!
- Mar 1 by KdreneeQuote from o0fefe0oI'm so glad someone else feels the same way! I mean I understand we need the basic knowledge, but holy cow!!!!!! I think they should make high school classes more complex and those classes should prepare is to go straight into our major. Of course i still think we should take extra sciences, but all the Englishes and histories I feel like we should know.I swear you just took the words right out of my mouth. These prereqs have really been boring me to death. Glad I'm not alone & I can't wait to start NS soon too!
- Mar 1 by hodgieRNPre-reqs are difficult because you under constant stress for every single grade. Anything less than an A drives you mad b/c you believe nursing school is blown. Stick with it and once you get into nursing school, a weight is lifted off....until the first semester begins