What color scrubs would you wear for an interview
- 0Feb 27, '13 by prnqdayI've done a search on AN already but didn't get a clear answer. I'm interviewing for a mother/baby position this week and have to wear scrubs to the interview. Following the interview is share time.
What color should I wear? I have to purchase new scrubs for this interview, all my scrubs are navy blue and white ( used to do ICU and that is what we wore).
I know I want to wear solids, I was thinking teal, lavendar, or dark purple. I cannot afford a new lab coat at this time so this is not an option.
The wearing of scrubs is throwing me off since I'd typically wear a black dress or suit for an interview.
I have a pair of new gray danksos I thought would be great. I have white nursing shoes that are decent but white seems so tacky to me.
What do you all think???
- 2Feb 27, '13 by applewhiternWhy do you have to wear scrubs to this interview? I was always warned to NOT wear scrubs to nursing interviews, but to dress in nice street clothes. If you do wear scrubs, there is nothing "tacky" about white nursing shoes. They actually look quite professional.
- 0Feb 27, '13 by nursel56 GuideIt is unusual to be requested to dress in scrubs for an interview. I'd also go with a solid color, leaning toward the teal or purple and unless you look great in lighter colors or pastels I'd favor a neutral or darker solid. The important thing is that they fit well and are in a color you feel good in.
I agree with applewhitern about the white shoes. As long as they aren't worn out or scuffy, they aren't tacky. Good luck!
- 0Feb 27, '13 by healthstarWhen I interviewed for my first nursing job the manager told me to wear white scrubs because he want to see people as nurses when he interviews them! The nurse look . Personally , I would wear solid white scrubs because white is a common uniform no crazy colors, you don't want to be like the ( legally blonde ) p
- 1Feb 27, '13 by RNperdiemWhen you say "have to wear scrubs" do you mean that HR or your interviewer specifically requested that you wear scrubs?
If you truly have to wear them, could you wear something similar to what the nurses in the department in which you want to work?
Make sure whatever color you choose, they are pressed and your shoes spotless.