What color scrubs would you wear for an interviewRegister Today!
This is a discussion on What color scrubs would you wear for an interview in Nursing Interview Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I've done a search on AN already but didn't get a clear answer. I'm interviewing for a mother/baby...by crazy&cuteRN Feb 27I've done a search on AN already but didn't get a clear answer. I'm interviewing for a mother/baby position this week and have to wear scrubs to the interview. Following the interview is share time.
What color should I wear? I have to purchase new scrubs for this interview, all my scrubs are navy blue and white ( used to do ICU and that is what we wore).
I know I want to wear solids, I was thinking teal, lavendar, or dark purple. I cannot afford a new lab coat at this time so this is not an option.
The wearing of scrubs is throwing me off since I'd typically wear a black dress or suit for an interview.
I have a pair of new gray danksos I thought would be great. I have white nursing shoes that are decent but white seems so tacky to me.
What do you all think???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=818445©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,347 Views
- Feb 27 by applewhiternWhy do you have to wear scrubs to this interview? I was always warned to NOT wear scrubs to nursing interviews, but to dress in nice street clothes. If you do wear scrubs, there is nothing "tacky" about white nursing shoes. They actually look quite professional.
- Feb 27 by MulanWhat color scrubs do they wear on the unit you are applying to?
- Feb 27 by nursel56It is unusual to be requested to dress in scrubs for an interview. I'd also go with a solid color, leaning toward the teal or purple and unless you look great in lighter colors or pastels I'd favor a neutral or darker solid. The important thing is that they fit well and are in a color you feel good in.
I agree with applewhitern about the white shoes. As long as they aren't worn out or scuffy, they aren't tacky. Good luck!
- Feb 27 by MulanIf you're going to buy a new pair, I would buy whatever color they wear on the unit you are applying to.
- Feb 27 by kloneI assume by "share time" she will be shadowing someone on the floor, hence their request that she wear scrubs?
- Feb 27 by healthstarWhen I interviewed for my first nursing job the manager told me to wear white scrubs because he want to see people as nurses when he interviews them! The nurse look . Personally , I would wear solid white scrubs because white is a common uniform no crazy colors, you don't want to be like the ( legally blonde ) p
- Feb 27 by RNperdiemWhen you say "have to wear scrubs" do you mean that HR or your interviewer specifically requested that you wear scrubs?
If you truly have to wear them, could you wear something similar to what the nurses in the department in which you want to work?
Make sure whatever color you choose, they are pressed and your shoes spotless.
- Feb 27 by crazy&cuteRNI was told scrubs is a must. My friend works at there and said the nurses where whatever scrubs they want. No set colors. I was thinking about all white but I get white dirty so quickly. I'm Gonna go with a nice neutral color. Thanks.
- Feb 28 by chibiRNOdd but if you must wear scrubs, I would probably go with solid navy blue with white shoes. I use either peri cleaner or acetone and some cotton balls to clean mine and they come out very clean =) hope that helps