What are your favorite types of patients??Register Today!
This is a discussion on What are your favorite types of patients?? in Nurse Colleague / Patient Relations, part of General Nursing ... I don't recall seeing a thread like this and it was something someone asked me so I thought I would...by ~Mi Vida Loca~RN Sep 2, '11I don't recall seeing a thread like this and it was something someone asked me so I thought I would throw it out there.
What are your favorite types of patients??
Me, I love when I have Pre-Teen and Teen boys. I work well with teenagers in general (outside of my own) but I have had a lot of 11-16 year old male patients lately and they are probably my most favorite patients. I think because I relate well to boys first of all, having 3 of my own, and I relate to teens and I always just feel more motherly to these types.
Anyone else have a general type they tend to enjoy having more?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=612483©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,143 Views
- Sep 2, '11 by tyvinComatose ...
- Sep 2, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNLOL nothing wrong with that. I have had some people say they prefer the OR where the patients stay asleep.
- Sep 2, '11 by kool-aideSedated, intubated, constipated, and restrained. lol
But I love the cute old people… I don't mind total care pts, especially the cute LOLs.
- Sep 2, '11 by exnavygirl-RNDischarged patients.
Honestly, I love my dementia patients, especially the ones that are pleasantly confused.
- Sep 2, '11 by RNperdiemMy favorites in ICU are extubated, making a rapid recovery, have a joyful family and orders to transfer to the floor.
- Sep 2, '11 by brandy1017The sweet little old ladies and men, the pleasantly confused and all who are kind, appreciative and of a sound mind! That's all I ask for!
In fact, I'll take anyone as long as they are of sound mind! That's the bottom line, the rest is optional!Last edit by brandy1017 on Sep 2, '11
- Sep 2, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88Ones that can't talk, and have no idea what is going on.
I also loved my pleasantly confused dementia patients.
- Sep 2, '11 by ChristineNLike the OP I also tend to appreciate my teenage boys. Not so much the girls as a lot of them seem to want to give me attitude over everything.
I also appreciate pt's of any age that actually have a desire to participate in their care and learn how to better care for themselves.
- Sep 2, '11 by iteachobThat's easy...newborns!