Last year I had eight jobs as a LPN. I'm so tired of job hopping and just want to stay put. I take full responsibility and admit that I'm not good at making good decisions when it comes to employment. Here is my history from last year.
1. LTC, held from 6-2010-6/2011. I went PRN while finishing up school, they did not contact me at all to work so therefore I resigned
2. LTC, held from 05/2011-07/2011- Was the not the right fit, constantly overwhelmed and was given unsafe assignments, therefore I left
3.Ped HH, 07/2011-10/2011 did not care for this at all, felt like over paid babysitter
4. Another peds, HH From 8/2011-08/2011, case was not working for me
5. Methadone clinic 07/2011-present PRN. Have not been asked to work
6. School nurse agency- 07/2011- present, PRN, I'm still here and its going okay. I work for them 1-2 times a month
7. LTC, 10/2011-11/2011, hired for parttime but then fired due to schedule conflict with school ( which I told them my avail. when I started)
8. ALF 8/2011-9/2011, this place was a hellhole, I did not last through orientation
*** I seriously need help. I don't know what my problem is. I feel as though I'm always so desperate and I take the first job that hires me without being one hundred percent sure. I have burnt so many bridges and I do want to change. I'm starting this year out on the wrong foot as well, but that is another post.... I'm getting my RN license soon and now I'm left with the question on whether to quit my newly secured part-time job in a methadone clinic to get clinical experience in the hospital when the opportunity arrives. I really want to work as a RN in the hospital but I can't sit around and do nothing while waiting. It could take a really long time. Ofcourse if someone offers me a RN job with full time and bennies I would be inclined to take it. This is making me so depressed. Any advice is greatly appreciated.