Working Easter anyone?Register Today!
- by SnowboardRN Mar 30Those who celebrate Easter, who else has to work tomorrow? Do you get paid holiday pay? Our hospital doesn't pay holiday pay for Easter but it's counted towards our one spring/summer required holiday.
I volunteered since we don't do anything in the afternoon.
- Mar 30 by froggg123It is considered a "hallmark holiday" at my hospital, if your PRN you have to work one of these as your commitment. (others are Fathers day, Mothers day, Valentines day)
edited to add that these hallmark holidays are NOT paid as holidays, you get your regular hourly wage on these days
- Mar 30 by Glycerine82I'm working and we get time and a half. Were required to work every other major holiday and the opposite the next year. Easter is still concidered a major holiday here, thank God.
- Mar 30 by Sue DamonasI'm on call
- Mar 30 by turnforthenurseRNI'm working. We get time and a half.
- Mar 30 by proud nurseFor the first time in 7 years, I don't have to work Easter Sunday.
Won't know what to do with myself...
- Mar 30 by KelRN215This is the first year since I've been a nurse (6 years) that I don't have to work Easter. Or, well, I guess I had it off in 2009 but I was out of the country so I always forget about that year. Anyway, I am seriously dreading tomorrow... I'm not even sure why I'm "celebrating" it (which means eating dinner with my family) since I don't believe Jesus was divine. Whatever, I feel guilty and I'm not doing anything else so I'm going. When I worked in the hospital, I always volunteered to work it since there were people who actually cared about it. It wasn't considered a holiday and was paid as straight time.
- Mar 30 by TheCommuterI'm working on Easter. It is not a paid holiday at my place of employment.
The only paid holidays at my workplace are the 'Big Six': New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
To add fuel to the fire, only full-time and part-time employees are paid holiday pay. PRN/casual employees are not paid holiday pay due to some stupid policy.
- Mar 30 by LadyFree28Quote from Glycerine82For my place as well...this was my weekend to work, but not my holiday, so I'm off today...still a nice break though.I'm working and we get time and a half. Were required to work every other major holiday and the opposite the next year. Easter is still concidered a major holiday here, thank God.
Happy (Resurrection) Easter!!!
- Mar 31 by PediLove2147Worked the overnight. A few nurses were heading straight to family get togethers. No thanks, I can't wait to sleep!
We don't get paid extra for it, it's not considered a holiday at my hospital.