If you could post your own…Register Today!
This is a discussion on If you could post your own… in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... This article caught my eye. This airline posted a list that stated ‘’flight attendants aren't...by Daisy_08 Jun 14, '12This article caught my eye.http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/2012...rlines-120613/ This airline posted a list that stated ‘’flight attendants aren't obligated to be polite or cater to the whims of those on-board’’ they are there to provide safety. Can you imagine if nurses posted something like this?!?!
It got me thinking, if you could post a list what would be on it.
Mine would include:
-Staff reserve the right to discontinue call bell service at any time at the discretion of the nurse.Last edit by Daisy_08 on Jun 14, '12 : Reason: Forgot to link article
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=742536©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jun 14, '12 by That GuyRefusal to help those that dont want to help themselves.
- Jun 14, '12 by GitanoRNrefusal to help those, who attack nurses when we are trying to help them...
refuse to assist those who use the ed like a revolving door
- Jun 14, '12 by Esme12Those who insist on spitting and biting will be muzzled.
- Jun 14, '12 by That GuyQuote from Esme12Pillowcases work well....Those who insist on spitting and biting will be muzzled.
- Jun 14, '12 by whichone'spink-No 24 hour visiting hours, especially anyone under 18. This has been a huge problem with kids running around getting into things and making a mess.
-Quiet hours between 2-4 PM and from 11 PM-7 AM the next day.
-We will call security if you don't follow those rules.
-We are committed to providing excellent customer service, but we are mainly here to help you get better. In other words, we're here to save your ass, not kiss it.
-Non emergent problems, you are given four strikes, then you are out.
- Jun 14, '12 by RNCCRN9706*no family at the bedside outside of visiting hours unless the pt is near death-H does NOT stand for Hilton
*The bedside nurse has Final say regarding visiting hours..if you don't agree please leave. Don't go over my head because you think I'm being unreasonable...it won't earn you any favors
*I am here to save your a$$ NOT kiss it!
*NO I don't know exactly when your Dr will be here in the morning
*The kitchen closes at 7pm. I'm sorry you didn't like dinner. I only have crackers.
*visitors who do not wish to abide by the rules will be escorted out by security.
- Jun 14, '12 by Esme12Quote from That GuySo does a non-rebreather and anaesthesia tape.....Pillowcases work well....
- Jun 14, '12 by PrimaFacieHow exactly do visitors interfere with your job as a nurse?
I do agree that little children have no business running about in a hospital, but as for adult visitors, its quite different.
- Visitors usually improve pt morale, and make the patient feel less alone and isolated. How often do you have time to talk to or comfort your patients?
- If treated well, the visitors are your best helpers and allies. Most of the time, if you do a nice deed for them just once, they will often do at least 5 things for your patient, saving you the time of doing them....be nice and they may even tell your supervisor good things about you.....but argue with them, or neglect the patient they are visiting, and you can guarantee a complaint to your supervisor.....and yes, I know you are busy. I've been a busy RN for 20 years, but I have also cared for parents and family members, and we all need to remember both sides of the bedside, not just the nurses.
In reading these boards lately, I see a lot of mean spirited and power seeking nurses.
Lighten up and try to remember that most patients are scared & sick, and visitors are familiar & comforting.
- Jun 14, '12 by TX.RN.ShannonTo families/visitors, "No, I don't know what's wrong with your mom. But if you will move, I can check her O2, IV, do this stat EKG, give this med, save her life!"
No, I can't feed her. She's NPO for a reason. She understands; why can't y'all?
Get your wild ass kids under control! It hurts grandma's 10 inch abdominal incision when they jack her bed up and down or jump on her. Duh....
I am trying to get your father's history. I don't need to know about all of yours. No, I don't want to see your scar. No, I don't really need to hear about how that other hospital treated you. NO, you are not the freaking patient!!!