Fast Food Lawsuit - page 4
Did anyone else in here hear about the lawsuit in New York against McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, & KFC. Seem a graoup of people are suing theses restraunts because eating the food there made them fat and contributed to health... Read More
- 0Jul 27, '02 by nursejwsI agree the lawsuit is ridiculous. Is there really a need to SUPER-SIZE?!?!?!?! I mean if you go with what is considered a proportional meal, super-size, whata-size, etc, etc, etc, should be removed from the menu.
I know this is all common sense, but it wouldn't hurt to put labels on the food. Basically, if it tastes good, it's probably not good for you.
- 0Jul 28, '02 by Hidi74Hmmmm ... I think I should sue Walmart for making me shop there. The addiction is so bad. I experience withdraws, Shortness of breath, The overwhelming need to check out the clearence rack........they made me poor. I didn't see a warning at the door!!!!! They must be stopped!!! For the children .... please stop the pain. hehehehe :-))))
Walmart addicted Future RN:chuckle :roll :chuckle :roll
- 0Jul 28, '02 by formernurseNo question of doubt----I agree with each and every one of you....If I were that man, and others who are filing that suit, along with their a$$ hole attorney, I sure as heck wouldn't go on national TV.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you eat enough of that fast food, it is bound to catch up to you. The same goes for smoking, drinking, and doing drugs (just to name a few).
It will be interesting (for lack of a better work) to see if the suit is thrown out!!!!
- 0Jul 28, '02 by TeshieeI couldn't believe but it doesn't suprise me. I wish people stop blaming large corporations for making them fat, killing their lungs, and making their kids like violence. It boils down to you having a free mind to make choices. Its is bad enough they clog their arteries and tax their pancrease but to clog up our judicial system with this rubbish makes me sick. I wish I could be the judge who has to sit and hear that crap I would humiliate them to the max. That is why I can't stand doing med/surg half the people that are admitted there is because they refuse to stop killing their bodies w/ cigarettes or saturated fat. You get what you put out. Pitiful......
- 0Jul 28, '02 by SmilingBluEyesIf they are TOO STUPID TO EAT RIGHT, READ SIGNS AT THE RESTAURANTS TO SEE THE FAT, CARB AND OTHER NUTRIENT CONTENTS OF THESE FOODS THAT ARE POSTED ON THE WALL THEN I SUBMIT THIS:
Perhaps we should revoke driving and voters' priveleges. Because if they are too stupid to know what they put in their bodies, and the potential for harm of eating fast food 4 to 5 times a week, then they are *FAR* too mentally-challenged to DRIVE among us and VOTE in our future leaders. We need to protect these stupid idiots from themselves and the general public, if they are indeed that inept that they cannot control their own diets as adults! REALLY, were I the judge, this is what I would decree as I threw them the *&%$ out of my courtroom! SHEESH!