The things that come out of your mouth...Register Today!
This is a Cartoon on The things that come out of your mouth... in About A Nursing Student - Nursing Cartoon Series, part of Nursing Student ... Congratulations to CindyNRN for winning the 3rd Nursing Caption Contest! Did you ever have a...by brian Admin May 5, '12Congratulations to CindyNRN for winning the 3rd Nursing Caption Contest!
Did you ever have a time when something came out of your mouth which shouldn't have? How about a co-worker, friend, or family?
Share it with us.
Click Like if you enjoyed it.
Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
Last edit by Joe V on May 5, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=706642©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,492 Views
- May 5, '12 by MeriwhenThings come out of my mouth all the time that wouldn't be acceptable in any other setting but psych nursing.
I told one of my patients, "please use your fingers to make yourself throw up." Anyone else including nurses in other areas would be shrieking at me for encouraging vomiting. But when you're working with a bulimic who has been using a pencil to trigger the gag reflex, you have to accept they're not going to be able to immediately stop their behaviors. So you want them doing it as safely as possible--you can't swallow your own fingers, but you can swallow a pencil.
I told another patient to "wipe the crap off of of your face." That was because it was THAT form of crap. And I kept a poker face while saying it, too.
- May 5, '12 by VivaLasViejasCONGRATULATIONS CindyNRN!!! Great caption!
- May 6, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNI'm just glad the patients can't hear the voices in our head!!!!!!
- May 6, '12 by sharpeimomI'm married to a "Hairy Larry" so a copy of that must go on the front of our fridge!!
I had a bulemic teenager eating in the floor's dining room and she looked longingly at the roll plate then her fingers went automatically
to her lips.
My matter-of-fact remark? "____! Go the bathroom if you're going to do that. That isn't appropriate dining room behavior."
I must have sounded just like the Cathy cartoon character when she said, "It's official...I've become my mother."Last edit by Joe V on May 7, '12 : Reason: reformatting - color hard to read
- May 26, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑Yes, many times. I normally end up correcting myself and laughing.