Unrecognizable without scrubs...Register Today!
This is a Cartoon on Unrecognizable without scrubs... in About A Nurse - Nursing Cartoon Series, part of General Nursing ... Has this ever happened to you? Are you or your friends unrecognizable outside of work? ...by brian Admin Feb 20
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=816794©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,522 Views
- Feb 20 by crazy&cuteRNI'm so freakin' hot when not wearing scrubs. Scrubs do nothing for my shape ( as they should not, while at work), outside of work I love to wear my dresses, heels, leggins, and hair down. Yup, I love being a girl!
- Feb 20 by JerseyBSNI haven't run into this issue with not recognizing one another but I do notice when I see others out of scrubs that they either look thinner or heavier. Scrubs can be flattering to those who need cover and a menace to those who don't need it. Either way, they are our uniform and it could be a lot worse.
- Feb 20 by MeriwhenHappens to me all of the time. Whenever I show up for something and I'm not in scrubs, people have no idea who I am.
Even my own boss--whose office is right around the corner from where I work--didn't recognize me in street clothing, and she spent twenty minutes talking to me before she realized who I was. Yes, I could have told her who I was early on...but she truly didn't know, so I wanted to see how far it'd go
- Feb 20 by hudabelleI love that this happens. My clinic is in the same town where I do all my grocery shopping. I see many of my patients at the store and they never ever recognize me. They do give me odd looks when I smile at them as if I've known them for years, because I have!
- Feb 20 by ORoxyOThis is especially true for those of us in the OR since we wear hats too!
- Feb 21 by loriangel14Quote from hudabelleI experience the opposite.I meet so many people that while I may remember the face, the name escapes me.They remember that I was Mom's nurse and they chhhhaaattt away, while I try to figure out who they are.I love that this happens. My clinic is in the same town where I do all my grocery shopping. I see many of my patients at the store and they never ever recognize me. They do give me odd looks when I smile at them as if I've known them for years, because I have!
I had to pick up my daughter today on the surgical floor I sometimes float to ( she got her tonsils out) and I felt so strange walking in there in street clothes.
- Feb 21 by Hygiene QueenWaaaaay back in the day when I was very young (*sigh*) I was working in a nursing home.
Now, when I was at work, I dressed in white from top to toe (as did everyone-- we had a very archaic dress code). My hair was always pulled back in a very neat bun-- not a hair out of place. My make-up was nothing but red lipstick and powder on my nose. I mean, I was very very conservative and professional looking.
Well, that wasn't the real me
I took art classes at the same community college wherein several of my fellow coworkers were attending nursing school.
So, here they are making their way across the campus and here I am toodle-looing along... in black from top to toe, black and white striped tights, combat boots, beret, black lipstick, portfolio in one hand, art box in the other and a cigarette dangling from my mouth.
Can we say weirdo?
No, they did not recognize me at first and they about fell over and died when they did. They couldn't believe it because I was always very careful and conservative at work.
Long story short, no I was not easily recognizable, lol.
I'm sure I'm easily recognized nowadays... I'm an old boring fart both at work and home
- Feb 21 by amygarsideYeah, it is a big transformation once you are out of the shapeless scrubs.
- Feb 21 by StNeotserHa! Yes, any time I go in for a meeting wearing regular clothes people always ask me if I lost weight! Of course I haven't but scrubs don't show that we have any shape at all.