NBCSN

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School Nursing, Ambulatory Care, etc..

The widow is open to register to sit the certification exam in the Spring. Anybody else going to take it?

If you have your certification, what study guide did you use? Did you take any of the on-line practice tests?

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

I took it three years ago. I had their book and I read and made notecards. There was one on-line practice test that was $50 (I think) - I took it, made an 80, and was WAAAAY overconfident. Unfortunately NASN does not have a lot of practice questions available. You can check their on-linebookstore.

I took mine over the summer and pushed the test date back to the very last opportunity. Don't be like me. Get a study plan together, and work your plan. I did pass (but it was difficult because I did not maximize my study options).

Specializes in School nursing.

I keep debating. I need to take it. I just need to force myself to register and then I know I can get in the zone for it.

My previous boss did tell me they'd reimburse me for the exam if I passed - need to confirm with my current boss that they would still do that. (They did reimburse me for my MTEL when I passed that to get certified by the department of education.)

Specializes in kids.

There are study groups on NASN, I'm following them all the time but just haven't committed financially...yet...

Specializes in School Nursing.

I debate doing it eventually, but my state awards a CSN with grad school, so it's just something I want to do for my own ego / benchmark. Once I'm done the next 45 credits of grad school I need to do to max out the salary chart, I'll see if there is any money left to do that. :(

+ Add a Comment