Can't find a JOB DONT EVER DO THE RPN PROGRAM IN CANADA

World Canada

Published

I can't find a job I have applied all over for the last 5 months and NOTHING this is one of the most disheartening things I ever witnessed I hate this please give me any advice or what I can do. I have applied to places outside of Toronto and still nothing!!! Please thank all you I don't know! 😥😥

Oh, please.

Five months is nothing when you read this forum.

Do you even know that RPN is only used in Ontario for Practical Nurses? In Western Canada, RPN is a Registered Psychiatric Nurse.

Have you looked at your resume? Your interviewing techniques?

Nursing is for the most part government funded and there is just no money for creating new positions.

I have to admit that my interviewing skills definitely need some brushing up on. This I cannot Deny. But how many resumes do you need to send out everyday day for hours just to hear back nothing it is so frustrating I swear that I came to the point of taking a psw jobs like many of my graduated friends.

Try other provinces? Under served communities?

It took me about ten months of applying every single day.it's a tough job market. Don't give up. Once you get that first job it really opens up other jobs to you. Getting there is discouraging for sure.

You can get into a very negative way of thinking after applying to so many positions and not hearing back. I'm sure many people can relate to this feeling. But be careful, this was of thinking can spiral out of control and affect the way you are coming off to people.

You need to leave Toronto. I'm up in Grey/Bruce and there are jobs.

I have to admit that my interviewing skills definitely need some brushing up on. This I cannot Deny. But how many resumes do you need to send out everyday day for hours just to hear back nothing it is so frustrating I swear that I came to the point of taking a psw jobs like many of my graduated friends.

Relocate. I find many RPNs are struggling to find work in GTA. My friend is working as a PSW after graduating from an RPN program, but she recently found a casual job as an RPN. Please apply to many places as you can far and wide! That's the state nursing is in nowadays...

Specializes in Public Health.

I find this crazy! I was an RPN for 5.5 years and never had an issue finding a job. I even got into the hospital without too much of a headache.

I can't understate the importance of having an immaculate resume. Really, spend the time on it. Contact managers directly, network, take additional certifications. The effort pays off in the end.

Specializes in Acute Care, Rehab, Palliative.

Yeah I moved north of the city and there are all kinds of jobs.

Have you tried applying to other small city like Windsor and Chatham area?

There's like a ton of nursing homes that are looking for Rpn's and Rn's around here.

I'm currently in the process of deciding weather I want to take pre-health nursing to take the 4 year nursing program or finished up bio and chem pre reqs for rpn.

+ Add a Comment