Back To School Night

Specialties School

Published

What do you normally do? It's my first and I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time to meet the parents. I hope they are all pleasant and not nasty

Specializes in School Nurse, past Med Surge.

I usually just hang out in my office & wait for people to being meds or issues to me.

I set up a table outside of my office with extra physical forms, medication forms, ect. and a tri-fold board with vaccine information/ reasons to keep your kids home from school info on it

I usually just hang out in my office & wait for people to being meds or issues to me.

I get a table in the gymnasium, but do the same thing. Usually I'm bypassed unless there is a need.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

I make sure my curtain is in front of my opened door and sit at my desk and try not to call attention to myself...at least it cuts down the idle passers by who want to ask you about their mole or argue with you about medicating ADD.

I don't go.

I no longer go to back to school nights or open house stuff as "The Nurse", but I'm there anyway because of my kids.

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

Are you just starting school now? Or is your back to school night after school starts? Ours is held a few days before school begins, and I go as Mom with my kids, not as the nurse.

Specializes in Pediatric.

I have two buildings so when I am in the lower building I stay out in front of my office. We do a scavenger hunt for the kids so the new ones get familiar with the building.

When I go to the upper building, I just stay in my office!

Specializes in School Nursing.

Because our open house is usually mid September, I don't go. I've already received a majority of medications and orders by then.

Are you just starting school now? Or is your back to school night after school starts? Ours is held a few days before school begins, and I go as Mom with my kids, not as the nurse.

Idk why Back to School Night is in October. It is kinda late I think but oh well.

Because our open house is usually mid September, I don't go. I've already received a majority of medications and orders by then.

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for school forms, vaccine forms and medication from parents, AND it's already October.

+ Add a Comment