PRN work for the summer

Specialties School

Published

Do you guys have any ideas on some good PRN nursing jobs just for the summer break? I don't know of many facilities that would want to train you for such a short period of time. I'm not really interested in camp nursing.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

Peds home care / private duty!

Look into an agency? I haven't ever been with one so I don't know if they would hire for the summer only

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

any nearby district have a summer school program that needs a nurse to staff it? Any agencies need 1:1 for a child for summer coverage?

Specializes in School Nursing.

I've stay PRN for a homecare agency. Mostly for breaks, but also for "appliance nursing." I pick up a weekend when an appliance in my house breaks, ahaha.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

In addition to my pedi urgent care job my other prn job is mowing yards; I've posted on other threads I made 8k last year doing that. This just to say you might think outside the nursing box.

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.

To stay PRN at the hospital system here you need to be available at least 24 hours over 6 weeks. So over the school year I'm available only those 24 hours (we can break it into 4 hour chunks if we want, or be available 2 12s over 6 weeks), then during breaks I give more availability. You never know what you're gonna get. Some times during the school year you call staffing and they don't need you for your available hours.

Specializes in 8 years as a school nurse.

Summer camp nurse!

I've never done it, but always thought it would be fun.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.
I've stay PRN for a homecare agency. Mostly for breaks, but also for "appliance nursing." I pick up a weekend when an appliance in my house breaks, ahaha.

True story: Back in the Dark Ages I worked with an LPN who got her job in order to buy a new stove. She planned to quit as soon as she made enough for the stove as she was a SAHM of five kids. FORTY years later, retired from said job. Had gone through three other stoves by then.

True story: Back in the Dark Ages I worked with an LPN who got her job in order to buy a new stove. She planned to quit as soon as she made enough for the stove as she was a SAHM of five kids. FORTY years later, retired from said job. Had gone through three other stoves by then.

Thats great! I have a PRN home health job that I have been at for 6 years now. Started with earning extra money to pay for a big family Christmas cruise. I keep telling my husband "oh I will work 3 more months to pay for X trip then quit" Nope, haven't quit yet & currently planning my next adventure for summer 2019.

+ Add a Comment