Is It Summer Yet?!

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School Nursing, Home Health.

Guys,

My kids are in testing so it is sloooooow (but thankful for it!). I'm so ready for summer!!

Just looking forward to mornings with my 1 year old :)

I will be working summer school for a week and a half (Planning to go to Disney with that money!) and then going to California to visit family.

What are your guys plans?

I'm impatiently waiting for summer. Right now it's 30 degrees and there are snow flurries in the air, I hate the cold. My little guy will be 1 in May, big kids are 8 and 6. We'll be spending lots of time at our camp, lots of day trips to the zoo, science center, and local splash pad. I'm only working a week this summer for HS band camp. We're hoping to eek out a few days at the beach too!

I can't wait! 28 more school days (including today)!

We will have a month off and then I will be working as a camp nurse and my kids will be attending the camp for a month. Once we get back from there, I will have a week and a half off before returning for next school year. I may be picking up some summer school hours but nothing has been decided yet. If I do, that money will be used to pay for camp supplies for my kids!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Working summer camp and helping She Who Is Tardy With Everything with college applications. Maybe a weekend trip with Mr. Ruby Jane.....

Specializes in NCSN.

38 more days, like real, including weekend days until Summer for me!!

I'm just excited to have the days with my little one, she's nearly two! We are staying local since I'm working on keeping this bun in the oven. I'm high risk so I joke that I'm an oven with a chair against to the door to make it work :).

I'm just excited to have the days with my little one, she's nearly two! We are staying local since I'm working on keeping this bun in the oven. I'm high risk so I joke that I'm an oven with a chair against to the door to make it work :).

Congratulations on your other "bun"!. Get alllll the the rest you can while you can!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Keep the bun door closed!!!

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

So looking forward to summer!! Because of construction of our new school/demolition of our old one, we have 16 glorious weeks off! Kids will be doing camps, baseball, working jobs and helping me paint/redecorate/reorganize several rooms in the house. I have a dr. appt in Omaha, so will be making a family vacation out of that to go to the zoo. Will get a couple camping trips in too hopefully. I'll work a little here and there at my side gigs, probably just enough to pay for all the summer activities.

I'm getting over anxious I think because we are having a very late coming spring - just had a huge blizzard come through last weekend and had a snow day on the 13th. Snowed a little more today. Ugh.

June - Telluride Bluegrass Festival roadtrip with girlfriends; a friend of mine managed to get tickets/Town Park camping passes - her husband and the other couple they were going with are not able to go now due to work stuff so it turned into a girls trip for the week. July - Yosemite backpacking trip with my husband.

I can't wait! 29 school days!

So looking forward to summer!! Because of construction of our new school/demolition of our old one, we have 16 glorious weeks off! Kids will be doing camps, baseball, working jobs and helping me paint/redecorate/reorganize several rooms in the house. I have a dr. appt in Omaha, so will be making a family vacation out of that to go to the zoo. Will get a couple camping trips in too hopefully. I'll work a little here and there at my side gigs, probably just enough to pay for all the summer activities.

I'm getting over anxious I think because we are having a very late coming spring - just had a huge blizzard come through last weekend and had a snow day on the 13th. Snowed a little more today. Ugh.

Curious what you do for a side gig? I did home health for the last 3 years, but got hired on as a private duty nurse who pays me more than the other company and it's only 4 hours a week (which is all I want). Curious to see what other nurses do! And I wish it snowed! In the part of NM where I live we didn't get any snow fall . Aren't snow day's good? lol

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

Avill - I am the supervising RN at our local Assisted Living. Its a 5-10 hour a week job. During the school year its the lower end, but in summer I'll try to hit the 10 hour mark. I also pick up shifts at a Long term care facility. I cover for vacations and such. I did Home Health for about 8 years full time, and stayed on PRN, but the rarely need me.

Gotcha! For a while I did PRN work at the nursing home I used to be at, but I got tired. lol

+ Add a Comment