I'm worried...

Specialties School

Published

Without going into a ton of detail, I have a student who had a significant injury at school today. I called mom to follow-up and the student is being air-lifted to a hospital with a higher level of care. Please think good thoughts/send healing vibes/pray (whatever is in your bag of tricks) for this student.

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..

Goodness! Prayers for all involved.

Specializes in ED, School Nurse.

Thank you so much for all of your good thoughts, prayers, and support. I just heard that the student is awake and talking now, which is much improved from yesterday's sedated and intubated.

Thank you so much for all of your good thoughts, prayers, and support. I just heard that the student is awake and talking now, which is much improved from yesterday's sedated and intubated.

Oh how scary! I'm glad the kiddo is improving, and I hope things continue to get better. I'm sorry you had to face that!

Specializes in Psych, Peds, Education, Infection Control.

That's a fantastic improvement! I'm so glad to see the update. How scary, though - so glad that kid had you there.

Breathe, Nurse, breathe.

Specializes in school nursing/ maternal/child hospital based.

Prayers for all involved!!!

I write this for all to see as I profess my faith in Jesus Christ, and it is in His name, I pray for God to wrap this child in His arms for safety and healing. Amen. And I encourage all others to call on whatever source of strength they believe in to do the same for this child.

Amen!:inlove:

Thinking of all those babies and praying this same prayer tonight for all in the Florida school massacre this afternoon.:cry:

Specializes in ED, School Nurse.

Good news!! The student was discharged yesterday and is home!!

Good news!! The student was discharged yesterday and is home!!

So glad to hear the good news!

I write this for all to see as I profess my faith in Jesus Christ, and it is in His name, I pray for God to wrap this child in His arms for safety and healing. Amen. And I encourage all others to call on whatever source of strength they believe in to do the same for this child.

So why did Jesus/ God let this happen in the first place? Think it's another thread for the nursing / spirituality forum.

+ Add a Comment