share your fears.. - page 3
My fears, before starting nursing school; 1.Difficulty in passing theory, labs, clinicals 2.Having mean instructor who will try to fail me. 3. Failling nursing school and looking stupid at front... Read More
Jun 3, '07Quote from MeriwhenI need to find someone who is willing to take my son as early as 5:00 a.m and takes him to school, or if I have evening clinicals I need someone to pick him up from school and keep him as late as 10:00 p.m. I heard rumors that the instructors change the time of clinicals on a short notice, too. So I may think I have morning but then they tell me the day before that I need to be in at some other time. I may have one sitter for one time but not for the other....just scares me to death not to find someone. I have no family around and my husband is stationed elsewhere. Drives me nuts!!!!!!That is my greatest fear too
But the way I figure it, the hours as a nurse aren't going to be any better--in fact they will probably be worse at first! So I'd better start getting used to the childcare hunt now.
Jun 3, '07My top fears are:
1) Not getting into nursing school
3) Not having enough time for my boyfriend, my family, and my friends.
4) Not having enough money (I'm probably going to only work 2 days a week while I'm in nursing school.)
Jun 3, '07Quote from apnea4. that i'll take the NET this week and it'll tell everyone what a whackjob i am1. that everyone there will hate me instantly.
2. that i'll be eating junk all the time and get fat again.
3. that my ADD will actually kill someone
Jun 3, '07Quote from apneaMOST non-violent misdemeanor infractions can be expunged from your record, it might be worth looking into.
*off topic* - Even expunged records can be subject to BON review. Only the BON can adequately answer any question regarding this issue.
Jun 4, '07:uhoh21: My fears?
1. Realizing that I DON'T know as much as I thought I did.
2. Giving that first injection or I.V.
3. My first patient dying.
4. Not knowing how to manage my time with family, kids (3) and studying. :innerconf
5. Getting any grade below a "B"
"These things too shall pass"
Jun 4, '07well, i've already had mean instructors, and was worried about failing in front of everyone who is looking to me to be a rn, i still worry alittle. my worry is passing the entrance exam, and finishing all my pre- reqs. my primary worry now is finding a job as a pn, i know it has nothing to do with the op. ever since i was small i sorta, kinda always had alittle anxiety down in my belly, and sometimes i wouldn't even know what it was from, i would actually slow my self down and ask myself is it a life or death situation that is causing me anxiety, or even something that will completely break me, 99.99% of the time it wasn't. everyone copes with stress differently, my way of coping is always to remember that life is one big cycle, a cycle of good and bad things happening, stress and anxiety, so when i feel anxious i remember that there will come a time when things will get better, for sure, i may not know or see it but good things are on their way! the advice i give to everyone is to trust in god, boy has he helped me to calm down in times of stress, like right now! just tell him how you feel and he'll do the rest! good luck, and know that we're with you!
Jun 5, '07im starting to have a nightmares...that...i took out huge loan, then im getting kick out from nursing school, im running away to mexico
Jun 6, '07I don't see how anyone could look at an expunged record- I thought expunged was expunged- it will not show up on a "regular" criminal check- that is what expunged means isn't it? I mean were not talking about applying for the FBI so how would they have access to expunged records?
Jun 6, '07Worried that I am spreading myself too thin--taking care of my 2 & 4 yr old, working 18 hrs/wk AND going back to school at age 36. My kids will only be young for such a short time--nursing school will require so many hrs spent studying & in class, and not with them. Will it be worth it?
Also, will my brain still work as well as it did in my early 20s?? I graduated w/a BA magna cum laude, had a 3.85 GPA for my masters... but have so many yrs of Elmo and Dora numbed my brain?? Do I still have what it takes at age 36??
Jun 6, '07Quote from LogosThat's exactly what it means. BON officials are not entitled to information that is not included in a criminal background check.I don't see how anyone could look at an expunged record- I thought expunged was expunged- it will not show up on a "regular" criminal check- that is what expunged means isn't it? I mean were not talking about applying for the FBI so how would they have access to expunged records?
Jun 6, '07My fears:
1) Not passing HESIs (I have to take A1 and A2)
2) Failing all my classes (ridiculous, I know)
3) Not getting into nursing school at all
4) Not getting into nursing school at my university and having to transfer
5) When I start doing clinicals, being one of those nurses that can't find the vein (I know it sounds silly, but people hate those nurses!)
... and just not succeeding in general. Yep. That should cover it.
Jun 8, '07My fears...
1) Will I be able to deal with poop and vomit on a regular basis?
2) Will I get over my shyness when I go into clinicals, or will I embarrass myself in front of my fellow students, the instructors, and patients? Will I screw up medical procedures?
3) Have I made the right decision in putting off starting a family for at least another two years?
(Ugh, number 3 is weighing heavy on my mind.)