We have a wonderful nurse who has been out over 12 weeks on high risk pregnancy. We have been covering her shift with per diem nurses. NOT OVERTIME. He called her while she was at the hospital and told her that he would not be able to hold her postion any longer. Now, I know that is his right to do that (although ethical, moral? Eh, I don't think so.) He posted her position THAT DAY, then when people start complaining to him he tells her co-workers that she made the decision to go per diem. WTH? Did he think that nobody would find out? I mean, if your going to do such a crappy thing to someone at least man up and be honest. He has also been caught in many other lies by staff. He has even told some of us things that other nurses say, just to start trouble. Thing about it is, we all know his game and rather than get po'd with each other we TALK and compare notes. 95% of the time, we find out it is "kind of" true, but with his own twist on it. (For example, if you forget to do a paper on admission packet, it becomes you don't do your work.) The other 5% have been outright lies. Tells his boss he puts in 60-70 hour work weeks (yeah right) and too many others. I hate him, I mean really, truely completely hate this man. I keep hoping his lies are going to catch up to him, but his boss loves him. Her feeling is that it can't be that bad if 1.)nobody is leaving (we love each other) and 2.)the patient satisfaction rate is 100% that WE are exaggerating. As if we would take out our unhappiness on the patients. I know you can't help. I know I should leave. (Did I mention my fantastic co-workers, who I love?) Anyway, I am just thinking about my sweet co-worker at home trying to maintain her pregnancy for another month and now worried about her job. I hate him. Thanks for letting me vent.