Excelsior Grads - Where are they now?

Students Excelsior

Published

EC grads,

Post your year of graduation and your specialty/specialties. I'll go first:

I've been a Level II/III Neonatal ICU nurse since graduation in January '06.

Update 5/2018: I've worked for a large NICU since 2009 in bedside and education roles, and I've been a clinical instructor. I finished EC's MS program in nursing education a couple of years ago. I was recently accepted to the Ph.D. program at a state university.

CraigB-RN, MSN, RN

1,224 Posts

Specializes in Critical Care, Emergency, Education, Informatics.

Grad 2000 (I was a non degree RN, challened the board back in the days when you could challenge them with military training)

I"m currently workin in a city ER. I spent the last 6 years as a Director of Nursing. I've worked SICU, Transport/flight, OR and even Urology.

jer_sd

369 Posts

1997- work as a NP in radiology.... did a bit of everything er, ICU but started working in radiology 1999.

floridanurse65

42 Posts

Specializes in Dialysis, Home Care, Med-Surg in 4/07.

Graduated in 99. Had been an LPN for four years before that. Have been primarily working in Dialysis, Home Care and Hospice for a year or so. Just began a Med/Surg position this week. Actually still in general orientation and can't wait to be finished with that.

cannulator

21 Posts

I graduated in 1998 (LPN for the previous 20 years), and have worked in outpt oncology, administering chemotherapy, ever since (both in the U.S. and Europe). I am an OCN, and train lots of new nurses in the field...

coolvibesRN

140 Posts

Specializes in LTC,Med surg-Telemetry,alzheimers,home h.

Graduated in 2005 April. LPN since 2003. Working in telemetry. Now doing RN-BSN .Should be done by Dec. YUPPY

BBFRN, BSN, PhD

3,779 Posts

Specializes in Trauma,ER,CCU/OHU/Nsg Ed/Nsg Research.

Graduated in 2004. Was a LPN for 8 years prior to that. Currently working in critical care, and as an adjunct clinical educator. Finishing up BSN at a brick & mortar, then on to MSNed.

Specializes in Home Health Case Mgr.

Graduated 2005, NEVER regretted it....worked ER/ICU, teach LVN/VPN school, working on MSN!!! Congrats to all us "independent thinkers" !!!

ERDude;)

RN34TX

1,383 Posts

Graduated from EC with my ADN in September 2003.

I was an LPN/LVN for 7 years prior in med/surg and some LTC.

Since getting my RN I've stayed in SICU, MICU, and more recently, PACU.

I will graduate with my BSN from a local state university at the end of this spring semester.

Counting down the days.

Broombug

31 Posts

Graduated December 2006. Was previously a Respiratory Therapist for 15 years. I now work ER/ICU.:cool:

featherzRN, MSN

1,012 Posts

Specializes in Outpatient/Clinic, ClinDoc.

Sigh.. I feel old!!! I graduated in 1989 when it was Regents. :p Currently working as an RN in outpatient urgent care but I've worked pretty much every adult unit you can think of over the years. :)

lawsonnic

24 Posts

Specializes in LTC.

Graduated in Feb 2007. I am an RN supervisor in a ECF/skilled facility where I was working as and LPN for the passed seven years.

+ Add a Comment