a&p II and micro in same semester? - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 19, '12 by KatsmeowI'm doing it now! And as previous posters said, the material in the two overlap which helps. I hope to pull off two a's (:
- Nov 19, '12 by 2015RN2bI took both AP II lab/lecture and micro lab/lecture in the same semester. Definitely hard but you can do it. Like all previous posts, study a lot and stay on top of your readings. Good luck!
- Nov 19, '12 by adoRNo2b2015LOL I sure hope so because I'm doing too in march after doing chemistry in January. My program is an accelerated bilingual one and those classes and labs are 8 weeks long each. Good luck!
- Nov 19, '12 by PghRN30Can it be done, yes. However, i would only attempt it if you are a relitivly strong science student (pick up science topics relitively easily, with good accurate retention), and in addition, if your other semester classes are relitively easy. Both are intense classes. If you are a low B/high C with moderate effort, or high B/barely an A with extreme effort in most science classes you have taken, I would not attempt both at the same time. Too high risk of it beeing too much. I would not take it with algebra if math is a struggle.
- Nov 19, '12 by ADN2BNursing school is way more work than A&P & Micro simultaneously.
- Nov 20, '12 by Twinmom06I did it also (although I was taking no other classes) and did well enough in both to get into the nursing program!
- Nov 20, '12 by CT PixieCouldn't be done at my school A&P I and II are pre-reqs for micro.
- Nov 20, '12 by chorkleAs everyone has said, sure it's possible.
My adviser said it would be a heavy schedule; he was right.
But, 'you' can't afford to miss a class or a lab; also, be sure to seek help as soon as you start to feel you may not be getting it.
If your school has an SI program, try not to miss any of those sessions, either. They can be the difference between that A, and a B.
And I put in extra time in Micro lab, just practicing the various stains, in order to do them correctly, and to better understand them. Micro can take up much extra time in other ways, as well.
- Nov 20, '12 by beingcaitlinQuote from ADN2BYou are correct.Nursing school is way more work than A&P & Micro simultaneously.
- Nov 20, '12 by eCCUNursing sch its tougher than these two.....not to mention there is no C grade in most programs nowadays!....better to condition yourself now than later as long as you are focussed you will be fine.