How Far do you want to go in your Nursing Education? - page 2
by MusicEMT 4,443 Views | 55 Comments
Hey folks, so i thought id get some opinions and viewpoints of people and their educational goals here? who wants to go all the way and get their DNP/Ph.D in nursing? My plan is to go all the way.. one step at a time first... Read More
- 0Aug 25, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNI went straight for my BSN and always thought I'd go on to get my Masters- probably in nursing education.
Then I spent four years in nursing school and by the end of it, I was done. I wanted to just work- not work and go to school. I wanted to start a family and focus on other things for awhile.
Going back to school is certainly a future possibility, but not one that I really have an intention of seriously pursuing in the foreseeable future.
- 0Aug 25, '12 by giaikiRight now, I'm simply working on getting into an ADN program. I know that as soon as I finish that, I want to go for my BSN. I know that I want to further it from there, but seeing as that is far into the future as it is, I'm trying not to focus too much on it. I definitely plan on climbing up the nursing ladder, though.
- 0Aug 25, '12 by GDSullivanQuote from MusicEMTLike a lot here I'm finishing up my prerequisites (one more semester!) and then applying for my school's ADN program. After that I plan on applying to our local university's RN-BSN program. I'm toying with the idea of an MSN but I'm not positive.Hey folks, so i thought id get some opinions and viewpoints of people and their educational goals here? who wants to go all the way and get their DNP/Ph.D in nursing? My plan is to go all the way.. one step at a time first step for me is to get either my ADN or BSN then Masters then DNP or go BSN to DNP..
- 0Aug 25, '12 by citylights89I want to get my Master's, but I'm not sure in what. You would think that I would go with a MSN, but I can't find any programs that really interest me. What I really want is the dual Master's in Public Health and Informatics. Or a higher level science degree. Not sure what I'm going to do with either of those. I guess I just want to be all analytical. Would be great if I could follow through with a position at Epic, but I need bedside experience. :/
- 0Aug 25, '12 by RiRi03I'm a recent BScN grad and at the very least I will obtain my MSN. I am still looking into becoming an PHCNP within the community, public health or geriatric sector. I will probably shadow an NP to figure out if it is really something I would like to become. However, as of right now, MSN for sure.
- 0Aug 25, '12 by abiklagsI graduated with my ADN in May, starting my RB-BSN program monday. I'm getting the BSN b/c many hospitals in the area are either Magnet status or going there
If I ever went for a MSN, it would most likely be in education because I a) will not be a CNM or CNS or CRNA or NP; working in that capacity is not calling my name and b) I love teaching and the satisfaction of seeing another person understand and comprehend new information is amazing. but thats a pipeline dream that is really not on the horizon right now. Right now my goal is to start (and finish) my BSN and get a job but not necessarily in that order