How Far do you want to go in your Nursing Education? - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 25, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNI went straight for my BSN and always thought I'd go on to get my Masters- probably in nursing education.
Then I spent four years in nursing school and by the end of it, I was done. I wanted to just work- not work and go to school. I wanted to start a family and focus on other things for awhile.
Going back to school is certainly a future possibility, but not one that I really have an intention of seriously pursuing in the foreseeable future.
- Aug 25, '12 by giaikiRight now, I'm simply working on getting into an ADN program. I know that as soon as I finish that, I want to go for my BSN. I know that I want to further it from there, but seeing as that is far into the future as it is, I'm trying not to focus too much on it. I definitely plan on climbing up the nursing ladder, though.
- Aug 25, '12 by Peninah7Good Afternoon Nurses and Soon to be nurses! Im currently taking my second to last term pre reqs... and then will be enterig Nursing School.... so excited! I plan to work and take the RN-to- BSN bridge right after and would love to be a TRAUMA nurse..
- Aug 25, '12 by Mama_CashewI'm working on my ASN right now and after a few years of working I plan to do a RN to MSN program (since I have a previous bachelor's degree).
- Aug 25, '12 by GDSullivanQuote from MusicEMTLike a lot here I'm finishing up my prerequisites (one more semester!) and then applying for my school's ADN program. After that I plan on applying to our local university's RN-BSN program. I'm toying with the idea of an MSN but I'm not positive.Hey folks, so i thought id get some opinions and viewpoints of people and their educational goals here? who wants to go all the way and get their DNP/Ph.D in nursing? My plan is to go all the way.. one step at a time first step for me is to get either my ADN or BSN then Masters then DNP or go BSN to DNP..
- Aug 25, '12 by citylights89I want to get my Master's, but I'm not sure in what. You would think that I would go with a MSN, but I can't find any programs that really interest me. What I really want is the dual Master's in Public Health and Informatics. Or a higher level science degree. Not sure what I'm going to do with either of those. I guess I just want to be all analytical. Would be great if I could follow through with a position at Epic, but I need bedside experience. :/
- Aug 25, '12 by Aongroup1990I think I will pursue my doctorates. I want to see where I can go with all of this education. I want to prove to the world I can succeed. The sky is the limit!!
- Aug 25, '12 by RiRi03I'm a recent BScN grad and at the very least I will obtain my MSN. I am still looking into becoming an PHCNP within the community, public health or geriatric sector. I will probably shadow an NP to figure out if it is really something I would like to become. However, as of right now, MSN for sure.
- Aug 25, '12 by abiklagsI graduated with my ADN in May, starting my RB-BSN program monday. I'm getting the BSN b/c many hospitals in the area are either Magnet status or going there
If I ever went for a MSN, it would most likely be in education because I a) will not be a CNM or CNS or CRNA or NP; working in that capacity is not calling my name and b) I love teaching and the satisfaction of seeing another person understand and comprehend new information is amazing. but thats a pipeline dream that is really not on the horizon right now. Right now my goal is to start (and finish) my BSN and get a job but not necessarily in that order