Fall semester? Too much? Not enough?Register Today!
- by Alisonisayoshi Apr 22I'm taking Physiology, Organic Chemistry, and some sort of silly music appreciation course (it's my last "fluffy" course.) I tackled Anatomy and Intro Chem in the same semester and did fine.
My issue is: I really need to get Statistics done, should I add it? Or is Organic Chemistry really that much more challenging than Intro? Is Stats really a monster? Any input would be awesome
- Apr 22 by Mandy0728It depends I'm your work sched & if you have a family as well. I'd say add it!
- Apr 22 by wordsofmymouthStatistics wasn't bad at all for me. I mean, if you really hate math then you might have some trouble, but it is not too difficult.
- Apr 22 by SopranoKrisIt depends. I took Chem & Stats this semester and it was HARD doing both because of the shear volume of work. I currently have an A in Stats and a B in Chem. Hoping to bring the Chem up to an A with the next exam Our school has Chem Lab as a separate class. The lab is very easy (have an A in that class), but lecture is a KILLER!
- Apr 23 by AlisonisayoshiI don't work but I do have kids, and yes math is a tougher subject for me (I have good study habits for it and can pass with A's but it takes me more work than the next person I think). I think I'm going to go for it, at least look over the syllabi for all the classes and if the sheer volume seems to much I will drop the stats before my schools drop date. Thanks so much for the advice. Much appreciated to all!
- Quote from SopranoKrisMy labs for ochem were very time consuming, not like intro & general chem.It depends. I took Chem & Stats this semester and it was HARD doing both because of the shear volume of work. I currently have an A in Stats and a B in Chem. Hoping to bring the Chem up to an A with the next exam Our school has Chem Lab as a separate class. The lab is very easy (have an A in that class), but lecture is a KILLER!
- Alison, are you taking real organic chemistry, or the general, biological & organic chemistry version that nurses take?
- Apr 23 by AlisonisayoshiNo I took general already I need real O Chem for my the BSN programs I want.
- I found real organic chemistry to be easier for me than general chemistry because it made sense of what was learned in general chem. It was the ochem lab that really ate up my time. I strongly recommend having a small study group to do the lab reports.
Stats was really easy for me, but I took it online and I'm a wizard with Excel. I'd set up my spreadsheets for the practice questions, and them all I had to do was adjust the numbers and some columns & rows for the tests.
- Apr 23 by bubbly26I haven't taken organic chemistry yet but stats wasn't bad at all. In fact, I ended up taking two classes for stats and did fine. I think you'll be okay if you focus on the class.