How I got my dream job! - page 9
by tokyoROSE 65,413 Views | 112 Comments
I have been waiting to post this for a long time! I hope this information will help anyone looking for a job. Some background info - I graduated with high honors December 2011, got licensed February 15th. I had applied to a... Read More
- 0Jun 4, '12 by ChicagoRNtoBSNTokyoRose!!!! Say what?!?!?!?! LOL! That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! I must also say that I was totally emotional when I read your post initially. For you to say that my post changed your life is MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. The entire process of being the success that has UNsuccessfully managed to land a job can be very disheartening. Especially when the defeat is consistent. But by being able to stay positive and have faith, the epiphany will surely come. I'm glad I was able to be that for you, as now you are also the same to many others. I can only apologize that I had not seen this earlier. By now, I hope you have settled well into the full swing of things at your workplace. Trust many more blessings are to come. As my mentor told me after passing my boards, once you become a nurse, its not the end but the beginning. Its been a little over a year for me now, and I still have jaw-dropping opportunities barreling my way. Kudos TokyoRose!!! BOO-YOW!!!! You got a job!! *does my happy dance*
Aongroup1990- You sent me a message and I tried to respond to you but your inbox was full. So when you get a chance to clear your messages....I'm here.
- 0Aug 12, '12 by beth3263Hi tokyoROSE, this is a great post. I applied for several jobs, and finally got a phone interview. The interview went great, and my interviewer told me that she was going to recommend me for a face-to-face for the position that I really wanted. This was on July 20 and there has been no progress.
I'd like to follow your advice and write the DON directly. Would you recommend that I alter the format considering the fact that she - or someone else in HR - rejected my application after it went through the first phase? I have emailed my phone interviewer a few times (once to thank her for her interview and once to check on the progress of the face-to-face) and received vague replies back from her.
What approach would you take with the DON in this case? Thanks so much! I hope you're loving your new job!
- 0Sep 8, '12 by AheleneLPNTokyoRose, this was an awesome post. I know this is an older post but I was wondering if you could pm me or email me the verbiage you used in your email? I'm definitely going to do this and I'm just so torn on what to say in my email. I don't want to say too much but also not too little. Thanks so much for your help and I hope your new job is coming along great! My email address is email@example.comThank you so much!!!April
- 1Sep 13, '12 by 08bernieraI'm actually in this position right now! I have been applying to my local hospital for CNA positions for over a year and never hear back from them. EVER! When I call to follow up on the application to HR they said they have already sent it to the DON and if i dont hear form them they keep it for 6 months. My best friends aunt is actually a nurse in the operating room and gave me a good reference, so when I finally got a call last week she told me to fill out the application and we can schedule the interview. I told her I have already filled out the application and sent it in two weeks ago. The DON said she didnt even look at them!! How stressful! I am so greatful that I got a good reference from a family friend but its sad that I had to know some one to get a interview!
Thanks for the good tips!!!
- 0Dec 24, '12 by Sofia09Thanks TokyoRose. Really appreciate this post. I sent an e-mail to the manager and all I got was a reply stating, "thank you." Where do I go from here? Should I reply back to get in touch with me (which I've stated in the e-mail) or should I wait a little more? Help... I needed a yes, or no so I can move on. Such a vague answer.