Theme song to your Nursing career? - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 9, '11 by readerwriter8Party rock by *****
Not really a nurse-y type of song but I just found out last night I really am going into the nursing program this fall starting the 15th that and this song just make me want to dance around!
*edit* whoops, the band name got censored! Lol but the song plays on the radio so they're pretty well known ^__^
- Aug 10, '11 by NewAggieGrad09"Oops I Did it Again" by Britney Spears
"Scream" by Michael and Janet Jackson
- Mar 25 by beckster_01Figured I'd pull up this thread rather than start a new one. Tonight's soundtrack includes "he's a Maniac" and "I wanna be sedated." If course I change the lyrics in my head to be more appropriate for my situation... As in I hope he stays sedated... This is gonna be a long night!
- Mar 25 by dt70I found this list from google.
Is that cheating?
I thought of bridge over troubled waters.
Peppy songs would be better.
- Mar 28 by nurse.laura1989I don't know about a song to sum up my nursing career... But I can certainly thing of a song to summarise my days off!
Today I don't feel like doing anything....
I just want to lay in my bed!
Don't feel like pickin' up my phone
So leave a message at the tone
Cos today I swear I'm not doing anything
Nothing at all!!!!
The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars
- Apr 2 by ackiepieRNThese are my top 5 choices (no particular order), for what a typical day on our inpatient psychiatric/detox unit is like:
1) Napoleon XIV - "They're Coming to Take Me Away"
2) AWOLNATION - "Sail"
3) Hurt - "Overdose"
4) Shinedown - "45"
5) The Beatles - "Happiness Is A Warm Gun"
And when I get out of there, it's more like, the Hallelujah Chorus
- Apr 2 by BSNINTHEWORKSTAPS!!!!
- Apr 2 by Hygiene QueenWell, I could mine a few Ramones songs: I Wanna be Sedated, Teenage Lobotomy, My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg), I Wanna be Well... and so on and so on...
My favorite is The Dead Kennedys: I'm Working at my Job (I'm so happy/More boring by the day/ But they pay me!). Not that be a psych nurse is ever boring, but sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a rut!
- Apr 2 by LadyFree28Really Depends...I'm probably repeating a few, and it depends on the day, time, and possibly full moon, lol..
I basically have a "playlist"...this is a condensed version:
1. Welcome to the jungle-Guns N' Roses
2. Crazy Train- Ozzy Osborne
3. What A wonderful World-Louis Armstrong
4. Beyond the Sea-Bobby Darrin
Even TV theme songs:
1.Gimme a Break
2. St. Elsewhere
3.Facts of Life
4.Laverne and Shirley-My favorite
5.Theme Song to "The Greatest American Hero" (Believe it or Not)
Hard Knock Life-Annie and Jay-Z Version
I think my current one is: "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado and "We Will Rock You" when I plan and do have a kick-but day. I like being a "tough love" advocate
Oh.."Just Got Paid"...great song from the late 80s/early 90s...
Also: "Another one bites the dust"by Queen.Last edit by LadyFree28 on Apr 2
- Apr 2 by Armygirl7Commodores "Nightshift"
Chic "Good Times"
Singing these always makes me giggle inside - esp. "Good Times" when the sh*t is really hitting the fan!
Whatever gets you through the night! (wait, isn't that a song too??)