Would wearing a sexy nursing outfit to a party disrespect the profession? - Page 5Register Today!
- Mar 2 by Ruby VeeQuote from smartnurse1982Ok,just want some opinions.
I am Rn,I've been a nurse for 9 years.
But I just want to attend a lingerie party in April.
Do you think it would be sort of disrepecting my profession if I I wore a sexy nurses outfit?
In the back of my mind it might be,but I'm unsure.
Also,could I be reported to the board if someone I know just happens to see me?
Thanks in advance.
Depends on where you wear it.
That said, if you're not sure it's appropriate, DON'T! I wouldn't, but then no one would want to see my aging body in a "sexy" outfit with the possible exception of my husband, and only then if he weren't wearing his glasses. I wouldn't have worn it 30 years ago when I was young, thin and sexy, either. These days, there are camera phones everywhere and I wouldn't want to find a picture of myself on FaceBook . . . .
- Mar 2 by chrisrn24I think it's absolutely fine. Nobody thinks a "sexy nurse" is a real nurse and if they do, they have bigger problems that their misconception.
I would absolutely wear one if I had a hot bod!
- Mar 2 by nursel56Quote from That GuyHaha! I don't agree but your post gave me a laugh. Costume catalogues have "sexy" everything, even Sexy Zombie! I think there's a Sexy Zombie Nurse too.If it is, I have disrespected Buzz lightyear, cowboys, james bond and many other noble professions. Seriously, have fun with it, who cares.
Personally, I'd rather not reinforce the Naughty Nurse stereotype because it could subliminally encourage raunchy jokes and come-ons from patients.
- Mar 2 by drowningdailyGood grief. You are up to your eyeballs in bedpans and worse in your unflattering scrubs! Go cut lose and have fun. Owning your sexuality and expressing it in an appropriate place is a positive thing to the profession. Nurses are real men and women, not meek and demure little handmaids. You go, girl!
- Mar 2 by smartnurse1982I don't. Its my first time.
- Mar 2 by jadelpnThere's a thin line between "sexy" and "smutty"--If you want to be sexy doing something that you love, (which I am slightly confused--do you mean at work? Or at this party) At work, sexy is not an option--just doesn't lend itself to the profession and the stuff you have to do everyday. If you are talking about the party, then by all means wear something that makes you feel sexy--but I am not sure that a "naughty nurse" necessarily makes anyone look sexy--and it will not in itself morph into changing the percerptions of nurses in your area (ie: the "fat lazy slob" moniker that you seem to feel is the general thought). If this is a general public party, then you should be careful, as facebook and other media gets ahold of the pics could mean hot water for you in your job. Especially those that identify you by name, and you may have your place of work on your social media site. If you feel you want to be sexy to the degree of costume wearing to get your point across, this could be an issue that only you can take steps to make you feel good about you--costume or no costume. But to your original question--I am not sure I would call it disrespectful, per se, but a huge sign of perhaps you not being as self confident as you could.