This is a discussion on What a great time to be an LPN in LPN / LVN Corner, part of General Nursing ... I felt like writing something positive today!!
1. This poor patient today came into the...
I felt like writing something positive today!!
1. This poor patient today came into the Emergency room after avoiding her last three dialysis appointments. Her fistula was in her thigh with previous fistulas in both arms. She'd been stuck by 2 other nurses before I entered the room to attempt her IV.
BOO YAH!!! I spent maybe 1 minute looking and found a small, superficial vein right smack dap in the center of her shoulder. I made a bet with the RN who attempted last that I could get a 22G in it- betting it would be bigger than we both expected. uhm... heck yah!!! 22G R shoulder first attempt. tolerated well. Draws and infuses like a champ!
I literally just had another nurse come up and high five me for the awesome IV!
2. I was able to assist with my first central line placement today! Uh, totally cool!!!
3. I took patients as a primary my last 4 hours and recieved major kudos on my assessment.... ahem, "data collection" skills. My RN just followed behind and agreed with my data tacking it as her assessment!
4. I also have a new job interview for work during the weekday to staff several occ health clinics around town. Just me, a PA, and an MA baby! I hope a get that job to compliment my weekend option at the ER.
All day, I've been getting major props and it has felt so great to be an LPN today!
Kudos to us!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.