Have you all heard that this is a major issue this year with the DOH? We have 1 glucometer on each unit -6 finger sticks before breakfast and our trays arrive at 7:00. We now have glucometer wipoes that contain bleach. Our QI told me that the solution is supposed to sit for 5 mins to completely disinfect the unit. So we are supposed to hold the trays and do one finger stick every 5 mins? No one wants a glucometer for each resident "Who wants to run all of those controls?' O-please-night shift nurse sits at the desk and eats chips while she runs them now. The residents want breakfast fresh and hot. Our meter (I forget the brand-even through I use it every day) never touches the resident.The strip sticks out of the unit. I take the med cart to the bedside and use it's surface so the meter touches NOTHING but the top of the med cart.So what's the problem here? If I take the equipment to the bedside I have to lay out a clean field on the over bed table (a paper towel per our policy )and then wipe down the unit first with an alcohol wipe and then the bleach wipe. BUT THE UNIT NEVER TOUCHES THE RESIDENT. I can see using th bleach if you have visible blood on the unit but shouldn't alcohol be sufficient between each poke in this case?