How do you reward yourself after a tough shift? - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 7 by Blue RosesI like cooking a nice dinner for myself and watching tv while I fall asleep. If I get off on time, I like to go shopping!
- Apr 8 by MN-NurseQuote from WeepingAngelI go home.Just for fun. Do you ever reward yourself after a tough shift, patient, patient load, weekend, night, etc?
On the way, sometimes I reflect on the fact that not too many people could get through what I just did and be ready to do it again tomorrow. I know the me that existed 10 or 15 years could not have done it.
I think about how the experience made me better at my job, better able to help other patients and coworkers through similar times.
I think about how much I like this job.
- Apr 8 by joanna73Lots of sleep, a hot bath, and food.
I also enjoy cooking and planning my meals. Watching old movies is another de-stressor for me.
- Apr 8 by amygarsideI eat ice cream or if I am particularly famished, a burger that is fit for a king or queen.
- Apr 8 by NewbieNeedsHelpAhhhahah thumbs up to the above. Love it
- Apr 8 by champagnesupeRNovaI crave french fries after a bad night (probably b/c I have starved most of the shift). So I go to McDonald's hoping for some fries and a fish filet and then they tell me that it's breakfast and they don't have those items until 11am. Then I am sad and drive home in despair.
Lol, exaggerating a little.