Best Nursing Quotes
- 8May 16, '11 by brian, ADN AdminI love to read great quotes that are related to nursing. One of the my favorite nursing quotes is:
"They may forget your name but they will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelou
Please share your favorite nursing quotes that are either specifically related to nursing or that are relevant to nursing. Please site the author of the quote if known.
Also, please click the kudos button to indicate your favorite quotes nurses share. (fyi, only logged in members see the kudos button, New to allnurses? Take a minute and register free today)
Last edit by brian on May 16, '11
- 3May 16, '11 by AngelicDarkness"I'm sorry our pillows aren't like the Hilton. One day we will strive to get better pillows"
- My preceptor in my 2nd year of nursing school, ortho rotation (Male patient got both his knees done b/c his friends in a private hospital got "drinks and meals and the best beds".Last edit by brian on May 16, '11
- 13May 16, '11 by jhall9165THESE ARE MY FAVORITE ONES!
"I wanna do something that matters, say something different. Something that sets the whole world on it's ear. I want to do something better with the time I've been given, and I want to try to touch a few hearts in this life. Leave nothin' less than something that says 'I Was Here'"
"You treat a disease: You win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you win. No matter the outcome."
- 7May 16, '11 by NRSKarenRN, BSN, RN AdminWhen I think about all the patients and their loved ones that I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don't remember me nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them and they to me and those threads make up the beautiful tapestry in my mind that is my career in nursing.
~Donna Wilk Cardillo, A Daybook for Beginning Nurses
- 7May 16, '11 by casiI used part of this on my graduation announcements
Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation, as any painter's or sculptor's work; for what is the having to do with dead canvas or dead marble, compared with having to do with the living body, the temple of God's spirit? It is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said, the finest of Fine Arts. ~Florence Nightingale