What was the MOST ridiculous thing a patient came to the ER for? - page 172
by JUSTYSMOM 954,868 Views | 1950 Comments
and do you have to treat them? I am just curious. Your stories always seem to either crack me up or shake my head in amazement. Thanks for sharing :)... Read More
- 0Jun 18, '12 by OB-nurse2013Quote from sauconyrunnerI'm sure the EMTS or Paramedics really enjoyed this patient wasting their time as well. In all seriousness though, and this may vary state to state although Im doubtful, but EMS protocol is if that patient insists on coming in they are legally liable and have to bring them in so next time save all your anger and annoyance for your crazy dry lipped patients lol and keep a stat supply of chap-stik readyI had a guy once transported by ambulance for chapped lips. No kidding. I am not sure if I was more irritated by the patient or the ambulance crew...
- 1Jun 23, '12 by Crux102417 yr old called EMS for sunburn. Kid comes walking by with the crew and doc states "Damn, that kid is whiter than I am." Needless to say, the sunburn was pretty much nonexistant. Pt advised to use aloe vera and discharged.
Mother came in via EMS with her 4 yr old b/c she "ran out of benadryl". Kid was "sneezy", no other complaints. Asked for a taxi voucher when she left, was denied.
- 3Jun 24, '12 by LalaJJB43 y/o male, bilateral knee pain. Pt is 420 lbs. Not a doc, but a 5 year old could diagnose this...anyway, here's the conversation.
Patient: "nurse, why do you think this is happening. I cant take it anymore."
Me: "It's highly likely that your weight is causing your pain. Your knees can only hold so..... *cut off in mid sentence*"
Patient: "Oh come on! I'm tired of hearing that! That's what you say when you can't figure out what's wrong with me!"
- 4Jun 24, '12 by rph3664After 9/11, a pathologist opened a body bag and removed a bone with some flesh attached - and started laughing, because it was a pork chop. One of the other pathologists said, "Last week, everyone lined up and saluted a leg of lamb."
- 6Jun 26, '12 by lindarnThis happened, about A HUNDRED YEARS AGO, WHEN I WAS A HS CANDYSTRIPER!
A guy came into the ER of a NY City hospital. Why did he come to the ER? Because he had a salami stuck up his butt!!
How did it get there? He put it there. Why did he put it there? Because he had hemmorhoids, and they itched!
He had to go to the OR to have it surgically removed!!
When they took it out, it still had the Hormel sticker on it!!
True story!! You can't make this stuff up!
lindarn, RN, BSN,CCRN
Somewhere in the PACNW
- 1Jun 26, '12 by ZippyGBRQuote from sauconyrunnertwo issues thereI had a guy once transported by ambulance for chapped lips. No kidding. I am not sure if I was more irritated by the patient or the ambulance crew...
" no -one ever got sacked for transporting" is a mantra among the lazy in the ambulance service , it's also the path of least resistance with less than appropriate callers
and for the leftpond - you don't get paid if you don't transport ...