What would you do?

Specialties School

Published

Your district is adamant that they will not cover any professional organizational dues, no exceptions.

Would you pay $161 out of your own pocket for an NASN membership for access the VSP Sight for Students vouchers knowing that you probably wouldn't use it for much else?

(and yes, you are working with your local Lion's Club :happy:)

Could you at least claim it as "work related expenses" on your taxes so you feel like you are getting a bit of a break?

Specializes in School Nursing.

Could you split the cost among other district nurses and share the vouchers with each other?

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

Has the cost gone up? Or maybe it varies by state. I pay about $36 quarterly for my dues. My district doesn't pay for it either. I do get the VSP vouchers, but I get alot more out of my membership too. I like that I get membership into my state's association. And there is a lot of good info on both the sites.

You're talking to the one and only :)

Has the cost gone up? Or maybe it varies by state. I pay about $36 quarterly for my dues. My district doesn't pay for it either. I do get the VSP vouchers, but I get alot more out of my membership too. I like that I get membership into my state's association. And there is a lot of good info on both the sites.

Yes, it varies by state. I guess broken down into quarterly, it doesn't seem as bad.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

No...I would not

Specializes in kids.

I wasn't a member for a long time due to cost. I'm able to do know and have found it to be worth the $$

Specializes in School Nursing.

Could a Social Worker reach out to try and acquire similar vouchers? Or have a budget they could pull from to get this resource?

I wouldn't do it.

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

i wouldn't pay for it myself just for that. I pay my own dues to my county school nurse assoc, but it's no where near that cost.

Do you have a PTA/PTO/HSA of whatever the parent organization calls themselves in your area? Luckily, Davis Vision provides vouchers in our area, but this is a cost that my school's HSA would gladly pick up.

+ Add a Comment