Interested in Fitness nursing?

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hi all nurses!

So I recently (and by recently, I mean yesterday) I discovered this thing called fitness nursing?? Whaaatt?? I didn't even know there was such thing!!

Let me tell you guys, I have always loved working out and actually my plan B if nursing didn't work out, was to become a personal trainer. I have been working out for about 12 years, and I have a true passion for fitness. I always find myself educating people on why they should exercise and how it's not just about losing weight, blah blah blah.

Anyway, is there anyone here in this field? Any PT nurses? How did you get started, like where did you get your PT certification? What do you do?

Thanks!

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

I ain't never heared of such n thing...:bored:

That sounds sales-based and unreliable as a primary source of income.

Specializes in Pedi.

I feel like this is somehow related to all those pyramid schemes like beach body that 1/2 of my facebook news feed seems to be involved in. I've never heard of such a thing.

Specializes in retired LTC.

Maybe they're just marketing it as such and it's just another name for 'wellness'?

Maybe they just want an RN license in the bldg on standby for the 'just-in-case' security feeling, again for marketing. And I've known some dieting programs to brag about their nurse-on-staff.

Just thinking out loud.

What do you mean you "discovered" it?

Did you actually know of a person doing such a thing?

Specializes in NICU.

there is a program on tv everyday called sit and be fit,she is a nurse but does not really mention it much,..slow gentle exercise in a sitting position.

never heard of it sorry

+ Add a Comment