Vroom, Vroom...

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School.

Just wanted to share some good news with you guys...

(Please no negativity about motorcycles...)

(Back story....2 years ago tomorrow my husband had a motorcycle accident. Literally had injuries from head to toe. Spent 11 days in Trauma ICU, 13 days total in the hospital. In October of that same year he was told he would not be able to use his left arm due to brachial branch bundle (?) being damaged.)

We went to our first bike rally in two years!!!! Road from the motel to the venue on the motorcycle (to dang cold and wet to do the ride). Enjoyed the shops and then went and ate shrimp. Then he drove the 2 hour (+) home on the motorcycle. I "caged" it home since he wasn't sure how he would do on that long of a ride. I am one happy motorcycle momma today.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

Congratulations!! I bet he was pretty happy too. I'm assuming he defied the odds with the left arm rehab?

Specializes in School.
Congratulations!! I bet he was pretty happy too. I'm assuming he defied the odds with the left arm rehab?

His rehab was very short. We give all the glory to God. From the moment I walked into the hospital room I just knew God was going to restore hubby. It's been a long two years, but God has been faithful. Hubby is a cabinet builder and is working like it never happened. He still has some restoration to go, but each day he feels something different happening in the arm.

Specializes in School Nurse. Having conversations with littles..

I Love This. Way to go for your hubby and you! We always need some good news!!

His rehab was very short. We give all the glory to God. From the moment I walked into the hospital room I just knew God was going to restore hubby. It's been a long two years, but God has been faithful. Hubby is a cabinet builder and is working like it never happened. He still has some restoration to go, but each day he feels something different happening in the arm.

Praise be to God; the greatest Physician. Very few people have the patience to build cabinets so God needs him around for a long time.

Specializes in Geriatrics, Dialysis.

That's awesome! So glad he recovered and you can enjoy riding again.

I forgot to ask. Do you guys ride separate bikes or do you warm his back?

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.
Praise be to God; the greatest Physician. Very few people have the patience to build cabinets so God needs him around for a long time.

Amen, and hallelujah to that!!

Specializes in School.
I forgot to ask. Do you guys ride separate bikes or do you warm his back?

I warm his back. I do have my license, but not comfortable. Gonna sell mine and get a trik.

Specializes in NCSN.

That is awesome news! I'm happy for you and the hubby!

Specializes in Case Manager/Administrator.

Overcome, Success, and you both get to enjoy this! Congratulations I imagine there was a lot of hard work to get here, Well Done.

+ Add a Comment