Jump to content

School sponsored travel

School   (383 Views | 10 Replies)

NutmeggeRN has 25 years experience as a BSN and specializes in kids.

2 Followers; 6 Articles; 43,283 Profile Views; 3,998 Posts

Trying to get a pulse on what schools are doing regarding Europe travel this Spring? (Spain in particular). Are they canceling or going? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

k1p1ssk has 9 years experience as a BSN, RN and specializes in pediatrics.

379 Posts; 4,762 Profile Views

The private school I work at part-time decided at 9pm last night to cancel all school-sponsored international Spring break trips. None were going to Level 2 or 3 countries, but given that these trips are 2 weeks long and the nature of the situation changing so rapidly, they're cancelling out of an over abundance of caution. All domestic (US) trips are still on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NutmeggeRN has 25 years experience as a BSN and specializes in kids.

2 Followers; 6 Articles; 3,998 Posts; 43,283 Profile Views

Thanks! I have also emailed the state department contact at the Spanish Embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JenTheSchoolRN is a BSN, RN and specializes in School nursing.

2,656 Posts; 24,321 Profile Views

We just had our seniors travel to Spain and France over break (we do this every year) and no issues since thus far. 

But if they were going over April Break or this Summer, we'd be looking ahead; I'd likely be talking with my public health department for guidance before making any hasty decisions. 

10 minutes ago, NutmeggeRN said:

Thanks! I have also emailed the state department contact at the Spanish Embassy.

This feel smart as wel.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eleven011 has 20+ years experience and specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

1,175 Posts; 15,217 Profile Views

Our school and community is small and only offer up these trips every 3-4 years.    This is an off year, so we are in the clear, thankfully.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CanIcallmymom has 4 years experience.

381 Posts; 1,106 Profile Views

My son is supposed to go to Spain for soccer this July, I'm not sure if they will still have the trip with that's going on. We'll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by cid1 Member

64 Posts; 728 Profile Views

Our HS trip to Rome and Greece is being changed. Either all Greece or the Galapagos. No Rome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ruby_jane has 10 years experience as a BSN, RN and specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

5 Followers; 2,789 Posts; 11,584 Profile Views

Only trips to the hot spots have been cancelled here. However, a new hot spot could pop up tomorrow so...stay tuned!

We are flying to Ames to see Ruby Jane Junior, who will then spend her Spring break in Chicago with her Chicago people and fly back from O'Hare. I am not sure why I am more worried about O'Hare than I am about DFW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

209 Posts; 1,663 Profile Views

11 minutes ago, ruby_jane said:

Only trips to the hot spots have been cancelled here. However, a new hot spot could pop up tomorrow so...stay tuned!

We are flying to Ames to see Ruby Jane Junior, who will then spend her Spring break in Chicago with her Chicago people and fly back from O'Hare. I am not sure why I am more worried about O'Hare than I am about DFW!

I'm worried about O'Hare, too.  It's where we're supposed to fly out of for Spring break.  We're at our 5th possible case in IL as of this morning, but all are in Chicago-area.  The airport is huge, with lots of international travelers.  Not a bad idea to be at least cautious.  Washington State terrifies me right now, even if the deaths were all in the nursing home...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JenTheSchoolRN is a BSN, RN and specializes in School nursing.

2,656 Posts; 24,321 Profile Views

17 minutes ago, nmr79 said:

I'm worried about O'Hare, too.  It's where we're supposed to fly out of for Spring break.  We're at our 5th possible case in IL as of this morning, but all are in Chicago-area.  The airport is huge, with lots of international travelers.  Not a bad idea to be at least cautious.  Washington State terrifies me right now, even if the deaths were all in the nursing home...

 

I was in Orlando about 10 days ago to visit Disney. Another international travel hot spot. I just washed my hands as much as I do at work ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

scuba nurse has 30 years experience as a BSN, MSN, RN.

523 Posts; 4,025 Profile Views

The school my kids go to are going to Australia on April vacation, it is not being cancelled, yet anyway. My kids are not going anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.