Top ten signs your job has you burnt out - page 2
10. You're so tired that you now answer the phone on your nursing unit, "Hell." 9. Your friends give you a jingle to ask how you've been and you immediately scream, "Get off my !#@!%# back!" ... Read More
Feb 29, '04Occupation: ER RN Specialty: ER,ICU,L&D,OR,ETC ; Joined: May '01; Posts: 5,588; Likes: 566I will know Im burnt out on work when after they cremate my remains I think. damn that was a rough night at work :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire
Feb 29, '04Occupation: Support Staff - MRDD Joined: Oct '03; Posts: 394; Likes: 11you know you are burnt out when.....
:chuckle Getting really sick and staying home from work is actually sort of fun...
Feb 29, '04Joined: Sep '01; Posts: 16,606; Likes: 680Quote from sagarcia2103. You leave for a party, instinctively pinning on your hospital ID badge.
Feb 29, '04Occupation: Critical Care RN Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 345; Likes: 42Quote from sagarcia21010. You're so tired that you now answer the phone on your nursing unit, "Hell."
9. Your friends give you a jingle to ask how you've been and you immediately scream, "Get off my !#@!%# back!"
8. Your nursing office garbage can IS your "in" box.
7. You wake up to discover that your bed is on fire, but go back to sleep because you just don't care.
6. You have so much on your mind that you've been forgetting to take bathroom breaks.
5. Visions of the upcoming weekend help you make it through Monday.
4. You don't set your alarm anymore because you know your pager will go off before the alarm does.
3. You leave for a party, instinctively pinning on your hospital ID badge.
2. Your Day Timer exploded a week ago.
...and the Number One sign that you are burned out because of work...
1. You fantasize about how relaxing it would be if you were in jail.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I've done 5 of the 10.....yikes :chuckle :chuckle
Feb 29, '04Occupation: Operating Room Nurse Specialty: 5 yrs OR, ASU Pre-Op 2 yr. ER ; From: US ; Joined: Jun '03; Posts: 17,036; Likes: 1,007The Intestinal Express (stomach flu) isn't so bad. At least you're sleeping.
You answer the phone "Med-Surg Marriott and Conference Center"
You answer the phone "Hell" on purpose lol.
Mar 1, '04Occupation: Critical Care RN Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 345; Likes: 42You hear the vent alarms, while you're in the shower after work.
Mar 1, '04Joined: May '02; Posts: 827; Likes: 42Quote from cheerfuldoerI actually got out of bed once, put on my robe, and pinned my ID badge to it. You think maybe I needed a vacation?
May 15, '04Joined: Jun '02; Posts: 14,869; Likes: 8,055My favorite one is #1
You know you're burned out when you dream you're working on a floor and it's all going uphill, with a full unit of patients, and only one other nurse on duty, and you wake up bleary eyed wondering if you went to sleep at all.
May 15, '04Occupation: new grad Joined: Jun '03; Posts: 2,637; Likes: 18You fantasize about being a psych in-pt so you can FINALLY have a "therapeutic rest" from the hell that your life has become.
May 16, '04Joined: Sep '02; Posts: 1,058; Likes: 73Quote from kc ccurnOr the IV pumps and call light going off....when you are trying to fall asleep.You hear the vent alarms, while you're in the shower after work.
May 16, '04Joined: Jun '02; Posts: 14,869; Likes: 8,055Or you wake up startled from a dead sleep and you swear you heard hear, "ABC-123"
You forgot to put your underwear on.
May 16, '04Occupation: Inpatient acute rehab Joined: Aug '03; Posts: 2,234; Likes: 52....or you answer you home phone with the name of the unit you work on.