Jump to content

Lone Star Spring 2020 ADN

School Programs   (6,502 Views 184 Comments)
by twindaddy75 twindaddy75 (Member)

683 Profile Views; 89 Posts

advertisement

You are reading page 6 of Lone Star Spring 2020 ADN. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

71 Posts; 594 Profile Views

If anybody applied for the lvn program for Montgomery they sent out the acceptance letter this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

79 Posts; 318 Profile Views

Just now, twynne1 said:

If anybody applied for the lvn program for Montgomery they sent out the acceptance letter this morning.

They sent out all letters, even for Kingwood. I got a letter for an alternate spot at Kingwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 Posts; 65 Profile Views

So if you guys are already getting acceptance/alternate letters, how does this work out for people that apply closer to the deadline? Will the spots already be taken or what? More specifically, I’m referring to the ADN program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

79 Posts; 318 Profile Views

14 minutes ago, WilsonDeleonJr said:

So if you guys are already getting acceptance/alternate letters, how does this work out for people that apply closer to the deadline? Will the spots already be taken or what? More specifically, I’m referring to the ADN program.

The computer doesn’t look at when you applied for the spots. It is all computer generated by your numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 683 Profile Views

36 minutes ago, WilsonDeleonJr said:

So if you guys are already getting acceptance/alternate letters, how does this work out for people that apply closer to the deadline? Will the spots already be taken or what? More specifically, I’m referring to the ADN program.

So what happens is the computer calculates the number of applicants and starts at the top (highest points) picking people. Goes down the points until spots are filled. Now, none of this happens until the application period closes. So in this instance, when you apply is irrelevant so long as it is within the application window.

 

At least it's my take...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

79 Posts; 318 Profile Views

Does anyone know how many alternates actually get a spot? I just got an alternates spot with the LVN program and was wondering if I even have a shot for getting an actual spot.

Edited by Michelle Trybom-Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 683 Profile Views

It's tied to how many accepted people relinquish their spots. That number varies every cycle. It could be one or ten (or more). How many points did you submit with? Maybe you can check a past Spring LVN thread for Lone Star to see a guesstimate as to how many got in from the alternates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

79 Posts; 318 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, twindaddy75 said:

It's tied to how many accepted people relinquish their spots. That number varies every cycle. It could be one or ten (or more). How many points did you submit with? Maybe you can check a past Spring LVN thread for Lone Star to see a guesstimate as to how many got in from the alternates.

7.408 was my score. I will have to do some digging to find last years threads. I was told this year was the first year it has been as competitive as it’s been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 683 Profile Views

I'm just getting ready for my A&P course. Part of me is questioning my sanity. Why am I starting (or trying to start) nursing school? I know it is what I want. However, I just turned 44 and have six year old twin boys. I chose Cy-Fair to attend because it goes through Summer. Time truly is of the essence and I don't have much to spare. So far my ducks have been in a row and my final entrance hurdle is this Summer session.Well that and the computer matrix that does cutoffs. I don't know what to expect from the instructor this summer. I hope she is clear, informative and timely. I can't ask for more than that. All things being what they are, I would finish school at 46 breathing a sigh of relief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 683 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, Michelle Trybom-Brown said:

7.408 was my score. I will have to do some digging to find last years threads. I was told this year was the first year it has been as competitive as it’s been.

From what I heard it was nearly 600 applicants for the ADN program. I am not sure of the LVN program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

79 Posts; 318 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, twindaddy75 said:

From what I heard it was nearly 600 applicants for the ADN program. I am not sure of the LVN program. 

Yes, 599 applicants for the ADN. I got a rejection letter for that one :( But got an alternate spot for the LVN. I hope with all the money I have to spend on all the tests and paperwork for an alternate spot I get in. I would really hate to spend that money just to not get in.

Edited by Michelle Trybom-Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 683 Profile Views

7 minutes ago, Michelle Trybom-Brown said:

7.408 was my score. I will have to do some digging to find last years threads. I was told this year was the first year it has been as competitive as it’s been.

This is one I found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×