What are Your Goals for 2018?? - page 3
Okay, so 2018 is just around the corner. While we all hope for peace, good health and prosperity, what are some of the particulars of your hopes/goals for 2018? For myself: 1. I just started a... Read More
Obtain my CCRN
I start my RN-BSN bridge this January
Network as much as possible with resident physicians I work with, in hopes of helping me secure NP employment in the future or maybe even a partnership.
Also I want to learn to sail! I used to drive a pontoon boat around a lake when I was little but I wanna learn how to sail.
Jan 11. I am starting a new position in the specialty I currently work in. It's a big promotion, and I want to prove to myself, and my department, that they made the right choice.
2. I want to work on my anxiety, so that events outside my control do paralyze me.
3. I need to maintain self care, while understanding what that is, is different day to day
Jan 1I have a ton of goals for this year, and there is probably no way I'll achieve them all. But I'm aiming to at least make progress on them all. As a friend of a friend once said - something like this - "Aim high. Even if you don't reach your goal, you'll still probably accomplish more than if you DON'T aim high".
Jan 1Just mundane goals:
- Find a solvent tenant for my flat.
- Endure the attitudes of my supervisor.
- Win in lottery.
- Keep my BMI over 18.
- ....Last edit by Elfriede on Jan 1
Jan 1I love this thread!!
My goals for the new year:
1. Continue developing my circulating skills/knowledge base in the OR.
2. Return to school. Possibly learn a new language.
3. Continue my health and fitness journey while inspiring others to start theirs.
4. In addition to reading one personal development book a month, I'd also love to read at least one or two other books a month.
5. Learn a new hobby- calligraphy, spray paint art, etc.
6. Increase my crochet skills.
7. Re-paint the house and decorate it.
Jan 1In 2018 I want to:
1) change my hair style
2) work on my backyard and make it beautiful with plants and a couple of fruit trees
3) not to buy unnecessary things and organize my space better
4) have a vacation (should move it to number one, haha)
5) do better at work (attend classess, train new grads)
6) cook something new at least once in 1-2 weeks
Jan 11. Make steady progress towards my masters.
2. Seek out jobs that will aid my career goals
3. Run my first half-marathon.
4. Leave my current dead-end job and toxic boss!
Jan 1This year in 2018, I want to:
1. Pass nursing school and graduate early by the end of December.
2. Obtain my CNA certification and work as a CNA.
3. Get a new car.
4. Move out of the dorms into a nice cheap apartment.
Jan 1Quote from AutumnAppleThe no bath tub would be a deal breaker for me! I love hot bubble baths with a scented candle to relax. I lived in a small cute apartment for ten years and the rent went up only once in that time. The last year some sketchy neighbors moved in, cops were being called and I finally moved on to my own home which I love.Move into a better apartment.
I'm a bit atypical in that, unlike most of my friends (well, all of them) who live paycheck to paycheck, I tend to live well bellow my means. No big interesting story as to how I became that way, just always was.
I have an apartment that is cheap cheap cheap. What is it they say, rent should not be more than 33% of your monthly income? I'm not even half that.
With that said, I'm just tired of this place. It's not unsafe, but the temperature control it offers is second rate. I'm chilly in the winter and HAWT in the summer. It has no tub, just a phone booth sized stand up shower. The kitchen is too small and, I want to cook at home. So, obviously, I can do better.
I'll only take a small ish leap in rent but I think my day to day attitude will improve dramatically. I already know of a few places I could go. It's just........oh, I detest moving. I have to get motivated and do it though.
Make sure your next place has a bath tub! Bubble baths are so relaxing, wouldn't want to live without them!
Jan 1"Hold the guitar and sit at the piano" every day (no pressure to play , but the Theory is that it's doable and that I will likely play while I'm sitting. Confession every time I'm around for it. This has been such a healing sacrament for me and I grow Leaps and bounds every time I go. I can't imagine what I could accomplish if i kept it up! Then just master every day and only think about the future when I have enough information to make changes.
Jan 1Quote from ICUmanThere never was a more noble and perfect dog than the bloodhound!Begin my BSN program, and get ready to apply for CRNA programs!
I am preparing to compete in a bodybuilding competition this upcoming fall.
Also am thinking about buying a new puppy, but can't decide what breed yet.
Jan 1I only have one professional goal for the year:
1. Getting better at my job. It's been a huge learning curve, and I often feel like I'm not doing a very good job. I would like to get through an entire fiscal year under budget and with a target PI.
My other goals:
2. Get my garden under control and figure out the growing seasons in coastal Oregon (it's vexed me, thus far)
3. Complete some moderate home projects (redoing our bathroom, building a fence around the garden beds and chicken coop)
4. Catch a salmon