Do People Actualy Help Here

  1. To help one needs lot of courage.
    I have been trying to contact someone from overseas who has undegone registration at NMC and can tell me actual procedure for geetting myself registered. It wont take one more then 3 , 4 lines to make me understand the procedure.
    PL. HELP
  2. Visit kashish profile page

    About kashish

    Joined: Jun '03; Posts: 10


  3. by   LPNtoBSNstudent
    Maybe it would help if you stated your needs more clearly. I am not sure what you need help with. NMC? and do you mean registered as in a registered nurse? Sorry.
  4. by   renerian
    I am sorry but I do not understand your needs either.

  5. by   2ndCareerRN
    I think a lot of the problem is that you are asking a country specific question. I am not sure a lot of foreign nurses from the UK frequent this board.

    Here is a link to a starting point.

    For other sites, you can go to and do a search on NMC registeration.

    Last edit by 2ndCareerRN on Jun 14, '03
  6. by   karenG
    we have tried to help. there is a reply on the uk nurse forum suggesting you contact the NMC. other than that I dont know the procedure. sorry

  7. by   SmilingBluEyes
    as you can see, people DO help here, and quite willingly. I wish to welcome you. Hope you can get your trouble resolved.
  8. by   Zee_RN
    I have no clue what NMC is. Or where it is. Or where you are and which "seas" you are referring to. Are YOU overseas or am I? Which side of which ocean are you on?

    We would love to help. But we need a little more clarification. (Obviously, though, I've never "registered at NMC" since I haven't the foggiest clue of what it is.)
  9. by   NRSKarenRN
    NMC= Nurse and Midwifery Council--must apply to them to work in England.

    See Bob's link above post #4.
    Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Jun 15, '03
  10. by   gwenith
    Karen to the rescue again!!!!

    The question had me stumped too.
  11. by   Kaylesh
    NMC .. Nursing Midwifery Council( used to be called UKCC) is the governing body for all nurses here in the UK.. Have to be registered with them before you can work..
    Its like each states Board of Nursing..
    So she needs to get in touch with the Nursing Midwifery Council and get her application in along with the fee that they charge and then the council will decide if she can work in the UK.

  12. by   passing thru
    when I communicate- on this board- with foreign nurses, they are the ones with the translation software.

    So, sometimes what they are saying is not real clear, for example , if their software was interpreting this sentence, the translation they would get for "real clear" would not be what I am saying. They would get a translation for "real" and "clear."

    So, I have to be careful to write exactly what I want to say, no abbreviations, no slang, etc.

    Of course, if Kashish (?) is an ENGLISH nurse, then, there
    shouldn't be a problem.

    Are you English speaking , Kashish?
    Are you using some translation software?

    Either way, you need to give more information to us,
    as we do not understand your inquiry.
  13. by   ANnot4me
    I'm an American and I hold registration as an RN with the NMC. What would you like to know?
  14. by   ANnot4me
    You are a nurse in India. Most of the nurses here are American. You will need to contact the Nursing and Midwifery Council in the United Kindom.

    I am sure there are recruitment agencies that specialize in recruiting Indian nurses. It will be much easier to work with one of these agencies.

    Good Luck!