Things to do while awaiting NCLEX results

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Specializes in NICU, Infection Control.

i've read lots of threads about everyone biting their nails to the quick, becoming a nervous wreck, and generally going nuts while waiting for various test result to come back.

let's think of some fun things to do to take your mind off worrying about how many ???s the computer stopped at, etc. :banghead: :no: :bugeyes:

-get reacquainted w/so and kids. :icon_hug:

-take the kids to a movie. or take yourself to a movie. see the one only you want to see. i highly recommend phantom of the opera. don't forget to buy popcorn. :melody: :yelclap:

-go shopping and buy yourself a sexy nightie and surprise your husband. :flowersfo

-knit/crochet an afghan. :yeahthat:

-file your income taxes. :barf02:

your turn!! :bowingpur :plonker2: :idea:

Specializes in Adult Med-Surg, Rehab, and Ambulatory Care.

Dust off that pc game that you haven't had time to play since you started nursing school and gain a few levels. Fantasy-RPGs that allow you to slay monsters is very cathartic. :smiley_ab

If you have small children, put in a Wiggles DVD and dance along to it. You'd be surprised at the aerobic workout you can get from boogying to "Dorothy the Dinosaur." :Melody: :Melody:

Go to the bookstore and buy (*gasp*) a book to read...purely for pleasure. :specs:

Specializes in Peds ER.

Great thread idea! My husband likes your ideas too. ;)

For me, I buy a CD I've been wanting and put on my headphones and sing really loud.

...oh and walking is a great way to pass time...you can do it while singing but someone may call the police...who knows :)

Specializes in NICU, Infection Control.

bump!!!

catch up with your non-nursing friends. It's always nice to let them know your still alive! :rolleyes:

Go Shopping!!!!! Oops, I'm already doing that!

It would be great to get with friends and go to Atlantic City,NJ or Las Vegas,NV for a fun week-end. :roll

While waiting for final exam grades (nearly a week, WAY too long when classes are over!!), I swing into action. Ok, maybe you wouldn't consider this fun, but it IS therapeutic! At least for me, anyway...I CLEAN. Like a madwoman.

My kitchen counters get everything removed, I scrub and soak and polish appliances and nooks and crannies. I clean out the fridge (CLEAN, not just empty!). I polish the furniture. I scrub stains of unknown origin off my kids floors.

My hands stay busy, my house looks great, and I used up that anxiety energy!

Have a barbeque with some of your friends who are in the same boat..misery loves company :chuckle

Go buy yourself some cute new scrubs..you're gonna need 'em when those positive results come in!!

Ah..I can't wait till I am waiting for those results myself!

Specializes in Med/Surge.

I will be in this boat next week so I am thinking of some things that I have wanted to do for a while like:

Planting more flowers

Cruising to some cemeteries that I haven't been to in a long while just to look at the beautiful headstones (I am into geneaology so this is my cup of tea)

Taking a day trip with children to read all the historical markers we can find.

Won free tickets to local waterpark I could take dd and friend to and enjoy a day in the sunshine.

Go to Six Flags over TX and ride all the old but new to me rides especially the roller coasters.......................

Just a few things that I can consider while waiting for results!!

While waiting for my NCLEX result-- I plan to do a lot of running, biking, swimming, surfing, and hiking-- it will take some of that anticipation as well as the weight off!

oh yeah...

And make/eat a decent meal :nurse:

Specializes in ICU.

These are all great ideas, I can't wait until I get to that point.

+ Add a Comment